Where to start? Is Troll and Toad that bad?

@cujucuyo: ahh thanks for all the links! The grey album is pretty beautiful, but the brown one is kinda cool as well…and would match my future raichus + other 'chus a bit better. And what’s wrong with pink!! pink is a super cool powerful colour don’t hate on pink haha. (though i prefer a more dull, matte pink so yeah i probably won’t go for that one.)

And those deck protectors are awesome! it’s actually what i use for the cards i already own that i’m careful about. We have them at our local game store, but buying in bulk through that link seems a bit more affordable. i should consider those soft card sleeves though, that way i can take out the cards from the pro fit soft sleeves without actually tampering with the card itself. I think it’s a little sad that the deck protectors don’t show the back of the card, out of a collector’s view. When it comes to playing it’s pretty important.

And KMC perfect fit seems a little bit scary for someone who is as clumsy as me…I’m pleased with the ultra pro deck protectors so I’ll probably just keep buying them in black.

I feel like I’ve gotten a fair idea on what I should get for my favourite cards now! Brown ultra pro binder + buying some sleeves and deck protectors. Thanks to everyone else for the input too! c: Really nice joining an active forum like this! I tried out a swedish forum earlier but you would be happy if you got a reply like once a month…

I wish I had a better way of storing my bulk cards too…do you guys sleeve up even your bulk cards?

Also it’s in no way an expensive or rare card, but I bought a booster for a couple of bucks at the local toystore yesterday, HGSS, and I got a reverse holo raichu in it that I didn’t have haha. :heart_eyes: Now I just need to try and hold myself back and focus on getting the cards I want, because buying boosters is way too fun and addicting…

my bulk commons/uncommins I treat as though they are irrelevant too me personally haha, I buy bulk for holos/shinies/1st editions mainly, all the others are merely a bonus or ‘junk’

not actual junk but too me Idc about them so I don’t sleeve them

ALL HOLOS/RARES/1ST EDITIONS etc I do and ones That go into my collections (foreign cards, espeon) etc

@vodka: haha i still get very protective over my new cards, even if they’re just random cards i don’t really care for on a personal level. but i still regret treating the cards i still got in such a poor manner as i did, when i was a kid. (i put everything that didn’t really make it to the ~silver lugia binder~ into a drawer where they just slided around like a game of “go fish”. they look ok in general but if you check the backsides of the cards a lot of white is showing in the edges…

and ahhh i can’t decide if i should go with the black deck protectors i’ve been buying up to now, or the clear ones. i had no idea there were clear deck protectors. do you guys enjoy coloured ones, or clear ones? :blush: i got a bit curious about the clear ones, i guess the protection is still the same after all, but allows you to see the backside of your card?

clear is better for viewing obviously lol, and well I TAKE care of base set ones, but newer ones i don’t collect I tend to just leave in a box somewhere

It is. KMC and Ultra Pro Deck Protectors work perfectly together.

I use the White Ultra Pro Deck Protectors. I don’t know why, but the Pink ones seem to be a bit smaller…

For sure. Would you maybe mind posting a pic or two of what they look like in your collection. I like the idea of it.

Ah sweet! Thanks for posting! That looks great! Genius idea to present your PSA cards!

Ya I love it! What a great idea! I’ll have to get around to doing mine that way when I get done buying a bunch of cards and sending some to PSA. I can’t decide whether to get my own PSA membership or to send them though a middleman PSA grading person like silversnorlax on youtube. How do you get yours graded?

@bagoly14: what a beautiful way to display your cards! that deoxys card! *_* and i can’t stop aw:ing over the zorua cards. how much does psa grading cards usually cost btw? i know nothing about psa at ALL. and i’ve always been a bit curious about how people go on about packaging them when sending them away for grading. (and how your nerves survive the process of your cards being in transit haha.)

Ah ya not a bad idea to become a middleman for PSA grading myself. I just don’t know anyone in the area that belongs to card clubs or anything.

Hey guppy you can get a good idea of what PSA cards go for by comparing prices on ebay for a card a seller calls “mint” versus what a PSA 9 or 10 goes for on ebay. Looking at sold listings is very helpful. To get a single card graded without being a member is a ridiculous fee. Like $17 plus shipping there and back. But if you go through another person they will do bulk deals which can take months to get your cards back but its like $8-11 per card. You can do bulk deals on your own membership but of course you have to have a lot of cards to send in. Hence why people have started being a middleman for it where you send it to them. They package a bench together and then get super cheap bulk deals. I’ve never sent a card to get graded yet but I want to. I have several I want to get graded.