Where to start investing?

Hey everyone I’m new to the forum I played a lot of Pokémon when I was younger and have recently gained interest in the investing side of the trading card game and I’m just wondering what type of cards are the best to buy and things like that any help is appreciated

Pokémon cards are best to start.

3 Likes

Buy PSA 10 unlimited WotC non-holos. But only the ones with PSA 10 pops over 300. Guaranteed profit.

4 Likes

Collect what you love :blush: It’s not entirely investable, however Pokemon TCG as a whole still has a lot of room to grow, so if you start anywhere you like first, you’ll be happier in the long-run. However, older cards do hold more value!

I hear the Charizard card is pretty cool these days. In all seriousness though, buy what you personally enjoy… don’t focus so much on “investing”.

I think that really depends on a few factors. Ask yourself what you are looking for in collecting cards. Are you collecting to relive that nostalgia, or are you in it to seriously get into investing in cardboard :blush:. Also it probably depends on how much capital you have at your disposal. Right now base and everything associated with base is going crazy so if you have a low starting capital you probably might not be able to get into that. Modern products are relatively cheap and easy to get so that’s one thing you can start with. The most frequent advice you would get is collect what you like, and its probably the best idea. If you are really interested in just investments I advise to do your own research because nobody knows for sure what’s going to happen but you can’t go wrong with WOTC. I think if you had a more specific question about the hobby alot of people on this forum would definitely help you but with what to collect/invest in it all comes down to personal preference and your situation.

1 Like

Base Set

1 Like

16 Likes

@nick131,

What is your expected investment horizon and budget?

We are always happy to see new investors entering the hobby and there is something for everyone.

But do remember it is a speculative investment at the end of the day.

Modern, Modern, Modern is my motto for investing in Pokemon. Can’t go wrong with Modern. Ignore anyone that tells you differently. They just want to hoard all the Modern cards for themselves.

2 Likes

www.elitefourum.com/t/before-you-post-a-thread-in-price-and-market-discussion/29138/1

1 Like