When you buy PSA 8.5 and expect PSA 11

Watch out for jlam7954. Bought a PSA 9 card, and claimed “arrived damaged”. I thought maybe the case got damaged during transport, even though I package graded cards in cardboard forts. Upon getting more pics, it became clear that the case was intact and undamaged and what he did not like was a small corner white spot in one of the back corners in the PSA sealed case, a very minor defect which showed in the original listing pics. According to his great expertise, it is an “auto 8”. The kicker is that the same guy is selling multiple PSA 9 cards on eBay that have even bigger corner white spots than on the one he purchased from me. I guess the “auto-8” damage rule only applies when he buys, but not when he sells. I should have been more careful before accepting his offer - the guy already has a few negative ratings. My bad not doing buyer due diligence.

2 Likes

Hey, remember, you can fight ebay on it, and you might be able to win. Smpratte explained when people do this now you can win. Although it was clever of the guy to submit it that way, making it NAD, rather than request return based on grade. But I would contact ebay if I were you. You have the messages to show he is debating grade and there is no actual damage.

@dragonroll, Posts in threads with a last post of over two months ago are against the rules.

We have a general eBay Garbage thread: www.elitefourum.com/t/ebay-garbage/10286/1

You can also submit users to the forum Blacklist: www.elitefourum.com/t/e4-master-ebay-seller-buyer-blacklist/15572/1

2 Likes