What's up with ex delta species holo/reverse holos?

I have been doing some digging and found some weird things with the ex delta species holo pop report.

Basically to make a long story short:
Every single Holo rare and reverse Holo in ex delta species has an absurdly high gem percentage. When you compare this to cards of similar desirablility made mere months before or after you start to see the scale of this.

I need to stress that this is every single Holo and reverse. Originally I was thinking maybe it’s super easy to grade but I’m not sure that’s the case.

See here

Every single delta holo and reverse has a pop increase that occurs on nearly the same day. It is clear that one single person or entity had a massive stockpile and submitted at once. Ok so someone had lots of delta, nbd right? Well this is an alarming number imo, we are talking 20-30 Gem copies of every reverse? That imo is beyond the number that any store could be expected to receive cracking boxes on release.

I don’t wanna make speculative assumptions here. From what I have found, the things I stated above are pretty much fact. Am I missing some key piece of info?

(Note the gold stars do not exhibit this behavior)

6 Likes

Some sicko had been hoarding sets maybe idk

3 Likes

do you think it could be as simple as that? With this being the exact same timeframe and almost the same situation as what happened with unseen forces my mind sorta jumped to conclusions. I dont wanna assume but I didnt really think, oh someone has opened a pallet and kept them all perfect

1 Like

I remember around that time auctions all from the same seller would pop up with hundreds of ex series holos and reverses in PSA 10. It was recurring almost every week for a few months. Believe the seller was card rush, but am not entirely certain.

yeah to me it is beyond clear that theyre all from the same person. Now where that person got them all is a different question.

Am I wrong thinking that (especially in 2005 the lowest of the low point) 20-30 Gem mint copies of every reverse holo is a tad more than youd expect from a random store opening stuff for inventory?

I just checked my saved sellers and he was still in it. I’m pretty sure cardrushinc was the seller. And yeah, I agree 20+ is a crazy number for one person, but they always seemed like a huge seller. Not sure if this is his Insta, but this pic lays out how one might get those numbers.

9 Likes

Ah true. But 2005 was not 2010. And with it being months from the other issues I’m not sure I’m 100% convinced. Idk what umbreons pull rates is but to get a complete reverse Holo ex set you’d need to open at least 1 case. And to get 20+ complete sets that seems wild to me. Plus it isn’t just the 10s that spiked like this. There are a lot of 9s too. Likely 30+ of each one. And then to have the gold stars not exhibit the same behavior as the rest of the set. Idk seems sus to me

Honestly, l’m guessing the guy just bought/found or had an old pallet of cases from some sets that didn’t do to well when they came out. I know it sounds crazy, but I think stashes of old or forgotten product come up once in a lifetime or two.

Then there is always the possibility of the guy just buying singles over the years, it’s not like these cards were expensive at the time. I remember buying some of the holo and rev Eeveelutions PSA 10 for around $50 each from his auctions around 2018.

Here is a couple more pics.

You can see the depth of the place the guy has here filled with cards.

I remember buying two of these from him around 2018 for about $35 each.

I’m sure these are mostly 9s, but the 8 Rev Holo where you can see the grade are all 10s.

5 Likes

Card_rush_inc was the goat. Cracked so many boxes, graded and just dumped everything on auction wave after wave. The same stuff over and over, driving down his own listings.

We thank him for his contributions

9 Likes

Someone needs to teach you how to take screenshots my guy

1 Like

Lol I can’t get all the info I wanted on the tcgfish app. Only the web page

Here’s what ChatGPT told me to tell you:

Windows:

1. Full Screen:
  • Press the PrtScn (Print Screen) key. This captures the entire screen.
  • To capture only the active window, press Alt + PrtScn.
  1. Snipping Tool (Windows 7) or Snip & Sketch (Windows 10):
  • Search for “Snipping Tool” or “Snip & Sketch” in the Start menu.
  • Open the tool and select the area you want to capture.
  1. Snip & Sketch Shortcut (Windows 10):
  • Press Win + Shift + S to open Snip & Sketch snipping tool.
  1. Windows Snip (Windows 10):
  • Press Win + Shift + S, then click and drag to select the area you want to capture.

macOS:

1. Capture Entire Screen:
  • Press Command (⌘) + Shift + 3.
  1. Capture Selected Portion:
  • Press Command (⌘) + Shift + 4, then drag to select the area you want to capture.
  1. Capture Window:
  • Press Command (⌘) + Shift + 4, then press Spacebar and click on the window you want to capture.

Linux (GNOME desktop):

• Press PrtScn or Shift + PrtScn (for a selected area).
  1. Using Gnome Screenshot Tool:
  • Press Alt + F2, type gnome-screenshot, and press Enter.
  • Choose the area or window to capture.

Ubuntu (Unity desktop):

• Press PrtScn or Alt + PrtScn (for a selected area).
  1. Using Screenshot Utility:
  • Press Super (Windows key) + S and select the area.

Chrome OS:

• Press Ctrl + Switch Window (the button with a rectangle or box icon).
  1. Capture Selected Portion:
  • Press Ctrl + Shift + Switch Window, then drag to select the area.

Android:

1. Capture Screen:
  • Press the power button and volume down button simultaneously, or check if your device has a specific screenshot button combination.

iOS (iPhone/iPad):

1. Capture Screen:
  • Press the side button and the volume up button simultaneously.
2 Likes

Yeah I don’t feel like cropping and fixing the screenshot on the buggy photo app on Linux I use. Easier to just take the pic

1 Like

I don’t think I’m still convinced 100%

But there’s no way to prove it I guess. Surely he would also have horded and grade gold stars? Why just one set? Idk maybe they just like delta species.

To answer your question, I think some of these Gem Mint cards could be coming from factory complete sets obtained directly from the manufacturer. This happens all the time in MTG, but also occurred in Pokemon.

2 Likes

Keep in mind these cards were worth at most a couple dollars back then. Legendary Treasures radiant collection were worth cents.

Unless the holos were playable, they were pretty close to today’s modern holo prices. As for the Delta holos, print runs were pretty clean in terms of centering and edgewear. The biggest issue they had were the massively notorious print lines on the holos and reverse holos.

cpbog1

1 Like

I know it would not have been a financially taxing move to do this. But to see it ONLY for delta species? Why stop here. Anyone who is willing to buy 30+ complete gem sets of something is not the type to say “ah im good I think Ill sit out the rest of the ex era”

unseen forces was likely being printed at the same time so anything is possible imo

There is also a possibility that he sold off most of the raw copies in private transactions, and the cards are being hoarded by someone else :thinking:. All these are just part of inventory that he has enmassed for years and they were cheap for a long time, maybe someone dmed, offered a market price for each and scooped them up.

Kind of reminds me of this massive Base Set collection that someone had shown on video some years back (here). Maybe he bought it off someone like this that just had a huge collection of just Delta Species? (And probably off someone that wasn’t just handling all his cards raw without sleeves :sweat_smile:).

I didn’t really watch the whole video or listen to what the guy was saying, so I don’t know if it’s suspected that these are not legitimately obtained or not.

I can’t imagine my soul’s reaction to walking into a card shop and seeing this era’s holos for a couple bucks each.