What Japanese Promos to Start Collecting?

The T promos have wonderfuk artwork aswell:
m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/T_Promotional_cards_(TCG)

4 Likes

all of them.

but if you want to hear a good one here goes…

uniqlo pikachus. People don’t talk about them much, but on the low they’re pretty unique

I’ll see myself out

4 Likes

Japanese promos are literally the best cards in the hobby! A lot of them have been mentioned before this, but off the top of my head some that come to mind would be: Masaki promos, World Hobby fair promos, Vending series, ANA Promos, CD promos, Asobikata promos, Victory Medals, Meiji Chocolate promos etc.

And just like vintage, modern also has so much to choose from. Some of the modern promos that I would recommend for you to buy include: Scream promos, Battle Festa Promos, Pokemon Center promos, Poncho Pikachu’s. I really enjoyed completing the Yokohama Sailor Poncho Pikachu’s! The list goes on and on because Japan is always coming out with new cards, so you’ll never have a dull moment when collecting Japanese exclusive promos!

I hope this helps! And happy collecting!

5 Likes

You made some great suggestions and I’m sorry to be so nitpicky, but are the Vending cards really promos? I see them being called promos a lot, but I don’t quite understand what they were supposed to promote (other than the Pokemon franchise itself, but at this point every card is a promo).
I always considered them 100% set cards, albeit with a completely unique method of distribution.

3 Likes

I just mentioned the vending cards because I think they have fantastic artwork, and I feature them in my personal binder collection of Japanese unnumbered promos. I see what you’re saying though, about why they aren’t actually promos.

4 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the recommendations. Have you collected the PLAY Promos? I really like the artwork, and the newer ones from the DP era are cool to me as well. I might start with those.

1 Like

If youre into vintage the cd promos and gameboy promos are beautiful

2 Likes

Don’t forget all the Festa Promos!:www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=20th+anniversary+festa&_sacat=0link
Some of my favorites!

4 Likes

The game boy promos and ANA airline promos might be within your reach. They are both pre-2000 era and very vintage.

3 Likes

Skip promos and go straight to carddass

1 Like

Old japanese McDonald’s promos are beautiful, unique and still super cheap for what they are.

You cannot go wrong with bubble gum Squirtle.

4 Likes

I didn´t see them being mentioned yet (unsure how this is even possible…)

SCREAM PROMOS! :grin:

2 Likes

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8 Likes

Pikachu World Collection… but you didn’t hear it from me :shushing_face:

4 Likes