What Is Your Dream Tag Team GX?

Pikachu Illustrator and Trophy Kang

2 Likes

I’d just really like a Victreebel GX, doesn’t even have to be a Tag Team GX.

But a Victreebel & Vileplume GX would do.

2 Likes

Mew and shiny mew :grin:

This made me realise I want a Koffing & Arbok Tag Team GX

3 Likes

That would make for some awesome artwork!

Here we go and cheers. It would be wrong of me to not reply to my first listener and my top two monsters of the true type! :wink:

So thank you, and I apologise if this topic is overdue. A favourble feature with Hypno as you mentioned with Dark/Breakpoint is the warping psychedelic aspect of Hypno’s attacking nature reflected best in them two cards by distorting the landscape. Dark Hypno is a very overlooked Himeno piece, perhaps my favourite of one of WOTC’s lesser hyped sets if that’s a thing? Need to do a art page dedicated to her since one art thread I’ve seen isn’t enough to cover individuals of individuals when art is mainly a factor we soely personally collect most and still isn’t talked about enough in this world of PSA Charizards.

I believe we both agree on those two bringing out the best of each’s psychic aspects, meanwhile take with Hypno a waving sense of distorting breaking the elements of a landscape into bending psychedelia and have also the remainder space focus on it as a natural setting as if a wild pokémon staring. This is where Alakazam comes in, where near all of it’s arts are in a dead-like still glare. As if you are taken out of everything and are into it’s gaze. Some art feature a little tad distortion (emphasising brain waves) however it’s that iconic stillness in Alakazam’s art that makes it powerfully daunting, an abnormal level of physical stillness. The focus is so strong it creates waves of distortion on an external field.

For gesture and style, the balance between both could be shifted bewteen each variants to show the two seperate powers as a force ala Munch or like this shot from Vargtimmen much to the viewer’s surprise.

In another aspect, I refered to them from our viewpoint by Francis Bacon’s work from a recent thread.
I’d like to imagine them as two friends who are intensively productive at testing each others skills as well as not taking themselves too serious all the time having parties together or contemplating the atmosphere as with real mammals so this would be the secret route.

I’m quite passionate about these two Pokémon families. :blush: Their limits are their minds themselves and like us that’s what needs requirement to keep building all the time.

4 Likes

@kurtosisblakeinfini , I agree I would love to see another creepy Hypno inspired artwork like these again:

3 Likes

Close enough!

When real recognise real.

I got to meet Komiya.

Now combine with that style along with it distance to extend like with Munch Psyduck (his first FA, which in my opinion is the closest we’ve seen so far similar to above) foreshadowing with this peering over…

That stare.
Another gesture with the same atmostphere is them posed as dual Buddhas akin to this recent sleeve from the Osaka DX campaign having Pikachu as a Billiken doll did nicely. *EDIT Obvious Karen and Sabrina TT just for me.

I appreciate when they do the full sets, so along those lines:

Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle
Charmaleon, Ivysaur, Wartortle
etc

And some interesting gen crossovers like:
Charizard & Cyndaquil (if it weren’t already Charizardtown)
Blastoise & Totodile

But also imagining the art:
Pichu & Togepi
Sudowoodo & Mr Mime
Shuckle & Porygon

And some “iconic” versions of Pokemon:

For Pokemon it would be feraligatr sharpedo tag team gx and for a trainer Steven and professor sycamore.

1 Like

Post number 2 here.

We also need a:
aggron and steelix
houndoom and alakazam

I could sit here and think of rad combos for hours!

Umbreon & Espeon.

in the perfect world Umbreon learned light screen and reflect instead of Espeon
in that world pokemon Colosseum could’ve been a decent staple in teaching kids how to double battle with actual strategy while also having a starter duo that makes sense
other than running double types on weather moves.

1 Like

Espeon needs the walls more since Umbreon with Darkrai is a perfect combination so naturally Cresselia was the real partner Espeon needed to make a 4 way perfect syncronisation :wink: and oh, what’s that? A double wall reference? Imagine that. A Dark glass cannon on top of a tank compared with a pair of glass cannons sadly was what we unfairly got. At least we have alternative arts instead of being shunned.

Shining Rapidash and Shining Ninetales.
The colour. The C O LOUR.

1 Like