What Is Your Dream Tag Team GX?

Personally I’d love to see something like Arcanine & Rappidash Tag Team GX. Like Seriously when was the last time either of those pokemon had anything cool.

5 Likes

Rayquaza & Salamence GX!

Or Rayquaza & Alolan Vulpix GX :grin:

4 Likes

Yveltal and Darkrai would be amazing, Lugia and Ho-Oh just for colours and of course the Gen1 and Gen2 starters as trio tagteams would be a winner for sure :grin:

2 Likes

Tyranitar and typhlosion would be sick

1 Like

Arcanine and Incineroar GX would be flipping wild or a Dragonite and Togepi colorless would also be awesome

2 Likes

Gengar and Clefable! :blush:

8 Likes

Gyarados and Milotic. It would just make so much sense.

Alternatively, there have been themed flats that aren’t TCG related that showcase Gyarados w/ Dragonite (Lance-ish theme) and some with Gyarados and Arcanine. I wouldn’t mind that either.

3 Likes

Hoopa x Unown

2 Likes

Lopunny & Mega Lopunny

10 Likes

Following the same type rule they’re showcasing, give or take a member in preference:

Nidoking & Nidoqueen holding hands whilst jumping on the quaking ground.
Figure Four Fairyway Tapu’s at each corner.
Hypno & Alakazam & Alolan Marowak & Oranguru.
Hitmonlee & Hitmonchan & Hitmontop & Tyrogue.
Mega Houndoom & Mightyena with an a pack of pups from both legions.
Pumpkaboo & Shedinja (& Giratina). Autumn Hallowéen colours. Hmmmmm *Atmosphere* *Atmosphere* Think Pokémon Center Halloween Campaigns and October Rust. Shining Trevenant is where it’s at.
Delibird & Articuno. Winter equivalent to above. Kagemaru Himeno. Mmmmmm
Old Man on Cinnibar Gym roof & Missingno.
Muk & Weezing & Gulpun & Garbodor.
Siglyph in the middle of an Unown legion Saturn ring. Have Solrock and Lunatone in the back somewhere crusing.
Yveltal & Natu/Murkrow sitting on formers head in flight.
Ho-Oh & Lugi…no Xatu. Symbolism baby.
Mega Pinsir & Yanma/ Ledyba/ Scyther.
Tauros & Miltank.
Mega Abomasnow & Piloswine.
Kingdra & Dragalge. I want this one bad.
Octillery & Tentacruel & Cthulhu.
Parasect & Amoonguss & Morelull. Yuka Morii = Profit.
Blacephalon & Lampent.
Galvantula & Spinarak.
Jynx & Gothitelle. I went there. Deal with it.
Klefki & Magearna.
Dunsparce & Drampa/ Arceus.
Rhyhorn/Stunfisk & Primal Groudon.
Qwilfish/Pykumuku & Primal Kyogre.
Bagon & Mega Rayquaza/Mence. Thought about a mini dragon partner for Mega Ray and got the oh shit realisation remembering Bagon’s dream.
Mr. Mime & Hoopa Unbound. Impidimp would be brilliant in this combination.

All Pikachu Generation variations in one circuit mash up since both Raichu’s are officially holding hands.
Any fossil, most prefferably Kabutops & Armaldo.
Any Pokémon with alternate evolutions except for Megas X with Y. Alternatively full species members is a nice touch like the Porygons. All three Kyurems?

aaaaand my favourite, Ditto & Smeargle. Outer God Hothraky Black Lotus level. Smeargle ‘wielding’ Ditto through the tailbrush. A creative Yoshida/Komiya/Kinebuchi tribute psychedelic wormhole.

If you want to make another crazy spin you could make entire single type Trainer tag teams e.g. Elite Four member teams in style of Mato’s team portraits.
Lorelei (Ice). Bruno (Fighting). Agatha (Poison). Lance (Colourless). Sadly the Dragonairs aren’t Colourless anymore so Charizard can replace since we haven’t seen Zard lately. However since Pokémon like letting Lance slip through and screw the rules by later releasing his unatural mons at events on the video games, I see no actual reason why they can’t be lenient on this if considered. Logic dosen’t seem to apply to Lance, it catches up accepting him.

Pity that this mechanic is near the end as such mechanics from pervious turning point times of generations do, it’s a shame. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy to see the ugly ass BREAK’s go when they did, but on the other end I always wanted to see Reshiram and Zekrom LEGEND. Yin-Yang style. ¬_¬

As I’m decompartmentalising for reference, Pokémon please consider making some all. Apologies to anyone who’s mind has bled across the screen so thanks for getting this far, I’ve played monotype for some time.

7 Likes

Venusaur and Venusaur

2 Likes

Remoraid and relicanth
Shuckle and wooper
Diglett and alakazam

If any of these were to actually happen, I’ll buy the OP a ranch in Texas.

3 Likes

Nah, I want a Bulbasaur Ivysaur Venusaur triple-tag-team!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Haha, I’m assumed you’ve lurked a bit before posting? I’m curious, what themes would you have for Hypno and Alakazam? You have some really good ideas.

I don’t know why, but I love the idea of Diglett and Alakazam. It’s such an uncanny duo, but for some reason makes me happy to think about. I’d totally buy one.

1 Like

I’d love to see any of these!

Mega Sceptile & Alolan Exeggutor GX
Salamence & Palkia GX
Ash-Greninja & Blastoise GX
Zygarde & Dugtrio GX
Mega Gengar & Trevenant GX

I’d also love to see some that allude to legends/history in Pokemon as well. Might have issues with typing but limiting Tag Teams to same type Pokemon is quite constraining…

Raikou & Jolteon GX/Suicune & Vaporeon GX/Entei & Flareon GX
Mega Rayquaza & Deoxys-Attack GX
Lucario & Mew GX
Mewtwo & Pikachu GX (Detective Pikachu CGI Style)

Also with the news about new Tag Team supporters, there’s gotta be some ridiculous possibilities there:

Lusamine & Guzma
Giovanni & Jessie & James
Zinnia & Steven
Skyla & Olivia & Sonia (for the boys)

1 Like

Salamence and Dragonite
Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza

Pls.

2 Likes
  • Pikachu & Mimikyu
  • Rayquaza & Milotic
  • Seviper & Arbok
  • Kabutops & Aerodactyl
  • Mega Steelix & Mega Gyarados
  • Haunter & Mimikyu

Oh, and if a Pikachu & Seviper card would be released I’d be all over it. :blush:

Here a similar earlier thread. Some of the suggestions there were pretty good as well, like Magikarp & Feebas; Metapod & Kakuna; Alakazam eating Vanillite with its spoon :laughing: ; Arbok & Weezing; etc.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Charmander and Squirtle.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing, only Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur with an indiscriminate pikachu ghost ridin an Eevee in the background somewhere. I’m no marketing genius but I dont see how that card doesn’t sell a billion copies.

Ho-OH & Lugia

Mewtwo & Mew

1 Like