What happened?

it’s over

2 Likes

Chicken Little was right mind you

There obviously would have been a slight CGC discount regardless but I agree with @chok on his broader points. Even a PSA 9 would have sold for less than Swole’s did due to saturation in the high end market, popularity of koffing, the amount available of this card specifically, etc. How much less is the real question

1 Like

Comment section gave me a stroke.

My wife turned on efour.

Now I can move my fingers again.

10 Likes

Can clearly tell most people who cite CGC as the reason are green collectors

1 Like

Poetic :pleading_face:

1 Like

Nothing happened actually because PSA 9 > CGC 9. That CGC is PSA 7 at best.

5 Likes

luckily PSA 7s are often PSA 9s, so what you’re saying, is this is actually a BGS 10

11 Likes

Yes yes we know, every CGC 10 is actually a PSA 1 and every PSA 9 is actually a bgs black label

8 Likes

Haha all I know is that grading is imperfect, yes. But CGC is by far the worst. They’re all over all the place and have changed they’ve grading scales like three times in 3 years. Only point I was really making is responding to OP saying what happened. I think we can all agree that a PSA 9 is definitely more valuable than a CGC 9. So the prices in the OP wouldn’t be the same anyway.

3 Likes

In my opinion a combination of a few things.

1. Two copies auctioned so close together. So, there’s one less buyer willing to bid >$27k after the first copy sold.
  2. Slight difference due to different grading companies.
  3. Slight difference due to condition.

These 3 things added up to the large gap.

4 Likes

Cgc strikes again damn

23 Likes

Hell yeah, keep em falling!
If they fall 85% I might be able to pick one up!

6 Likes

how could they do this

5 Likes

Man i wish i had 50-100k in cash rn

3 Likes

The wrath of GCG knows no bounds.

If I was one of these ultra premium collectors who sold trophy cards for twice their current price in 2023, I’d be buying them back right now. Make all that money AND get your card back? Kick ass.

4 Likes