What else do you collect besides Pokémon?

Rebecca always had the most discernible and unique artistic style. You can flip through binders of old MTG cards and she would always stand out immediately. Reminds me of how iconic sowsow or Komiya are to Pokemon

1 Like

A few reserved list MTG cards

9 Likes

i collect records and cassettes of music from other countries

6 Likes

I have my MtG Land collection, but also international currency and stamps that come my way, which I’ve posted before, D-20s from various events that I’ve attended (some are really cool), but I also collect pins from Hard Rock Cafe (and others) when I take trips.
HRC makes crew members wear “flair” so that’s how it started, but it’s kinda cool, and (even though many of the pins they make have scantily clad women,) I try to find ones that are stylized and significant to that trip or event.

Admittedly, that Covid pin is one of my favorite. It’s the only pin released that has anything to do with the pandemic, and smashing a guitar over it is pretty on-point. need to replace the Harry Potter one with a SDCC23 pin.

That Blue one in front looks amazing!

9 Likes

All sorts of merch, collectibles, sealed product from my favorite video game, Kingdom Hearts.

17 Likes

I’ve been collecting sketch cards since ~2010. I’ve been trying to do master sets of all the artists that were commissioned on some of my favorite sets from when I was younger.

Specifically working toward Topps Star Wars Sets before 2010 and all the Topps Indiana Jones sets. I have easily 1000+ cards. I’ve been wanting to start a collection thread here and include scans of all of them at some point :slight_smile: – could add pictures here if anyone is interested. I also like the printing plates from 2010 Star Wars Galaxy and 2008 Indiana Jones Masterpieces but these feel riducuoulsy hard to find as only ~360 exist per set.

Also, been trying to put together a collection of my favorite musician and artist autographs. Most of them are <$20, just really hard to find.

7 Likes

As of right now, memories with my fiancée :heart:

9 Likes

5 Likes

Pokemon TCG is more like a sub hobby. I’m into numismatics, old toys, old stuffs and gemstones. But now not so much of numismatics as it’s getting too expensive.

My ultimate dream is to get this old $10,000 note (much more than Pokemon cards): …

7 Likes

About those Zelda games, those are the original, haven’t looked at them in awhile but what I mean by original or “first in production” is because they have 5 screws in the back, not the everyday 3 screws.

& of course, the Dragon Ball DVD’s. Forgot if I completed the series or not, doubt it. There’s a second row of DVD’s behind that row.

12 Likes

Cards I collect for the art, Whiskeys as investment. Don’t get me wrong, I always keep a couple of bottles open to drink and share with friends and family. Also, I find the market unironically way easier and accessible from an investment perspective.

7 Likes

exlusive Starbuck merchs from around the world :slightly_smiling_face:

The main thing I collect outside of Pokemon and Yugioh is manga. It started off with me just collecting hardcover editions because there are a lot of series that have amazing hardcover releases like Berserk and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure. However, I was buying series I don’t care for that much just because they were hardcover like Fist of the North Star and Soul Eater. The series aren’t bad by any means but I don’t think I would be buying them if they were paperback only so I’ve just been buying the series I like. The crown jewel of my collection are my original Yugioh volumes I’ve had for the last 15 years.

2 Likes

I collect manga and video games! Ive also liked collecting things related to video games i like such as magazines, art/ guidebooks, etc. Ive only recently begun to very slowly start building my game collection (before it was mainly Pokemon or Zelda).

My manga collection is currently made of random volumes i bought 10 years ago of anime i was watching and one piece boxsets lol.

(Akira 35th anniversary boxset in back)

Messy manga shelf

13 Likes

I don’t really collect anything hardcore, but I do have some small sets of things that I acquire with semi-purpose.

One of these are penny souvenirs (I think this is mostly only a US thing?). During one trip to Sea World, I randomly decided to buy that penny souvenir album and that I would gathering penny souvenirs to fill the book. Turns out that’s not so hard when Sea World and especially Disneyland have a billion penny souvenirs on their campuses. I think possibly 1/3 of these souvenirs are from Disneyland alone. Because there are so many at these amusement parks, I mostly pick the ones I think look nice. But every so often when I make trips to touristy locations, I’ll be on the lookout for a penny souvenir machine. Only one of these was not acquired by me and was instead gifted by my brother when he visited a national park.

Some close ups:

Misprint?!

The ones on the very right that have a bit of a different sheen from the rest are actually from Taiwan. You may ask, “But how can they make penny souvenirs without pennies?!” They just provide a copper (or whatever metal) circle in the machine that they crush–no pennies required.

I also like to pick up (or be gifted) random cute whatevers of whales and owls sometimes (the crochet whale and tiny Rowlet are made by me):

Lastly, I have random Chinese volumes of manga of series that I like that I pick up whenever I make trips to Taiwan (not that much anymore). And I have a small “collection” of 1000-piece puzzles (mostly anime, but have one Breath of the Wild one) that I like to pick up when visiting Taiwan or when feeling inspired to do so. I only have 6 so far, with 4 completed and glued.

20 Likes

We definitely do those in Europe, and I’ve seen them across Japan also…including plenty of pokemon ones.
Sorry if I’ve just commited your next paycheck.

3 Likes

Aw, cool, thanks for that info! I’ll keep an eye out when traveling then :slightly_smiling_face: (Pokemon ones sound sweet!)

Can confirm what @Neutral said. I’ve seen them a lot in theme parks here in Europe including my own country (The Netherlands). And my little brother got me this Rayquaza cosplaying Pikachu one, including these nice sleeves, when he was in Japan last year:

Greetz,
Quuador

13 Likes

In no particular order

• Video games (3DS and Switch in particular, mostly CIB games but related things like collector’s editions and steelbooks as well)
  • Related to the above, figures/rarely merch of series I like
  • Soundtrack CDs of games I really like

I used to collect enamel pins, both officially licensed and fan made, but I mostly stopped because a) I decided I rather tighten my focus on games and cards, b) I tend to like series/Pokemon that are unpopular amongst artists so no one makes pins for them, c) trying to find stuff was annoying and also d) I realized I like my collections to have “finite” bounds (barring errors, there only so many Magnemite variants vs pins are theoretically limitless.) Nowadays I just pick up the occasional Pokemon Center pin release and that’s it.

3 Likes