What Charizards should I buy?? New collector

Hey there. Just got into Pokémon and I’m from the Sports side of things. My step son has an insane collection of Brilliant Stars and he’s only 8 years old. I help him out a lot with packs and Booster boxes. The art is beautiful and this Pokémon thing has really grown on me. I’ve seen Charizard as the highly collectible character but with so many options I was wanting to know what’s most desired and what will hold value with a reasonable BUY cost? Also, I’m loving this Mewtwo Test Tube card I saw and was wondering if that’s a smart choice ? Thanks for the help

1 Like

For a sports equivalent, Chansey is the Babe Ruth of Pokemon, the GOAT, the legend, the icon, the star. She has it all. I recommend collecting Chansey. An excellent and affordable choice is the one in the Lost Thunder set; only twenty cents.

8 Likes

Here is a list of every official Charizard card in the TCG. Just pick the ones that speak to you!
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_(TCG)

1 Like

Welcome here @kimm1219, all whatshouldibuy/market related questions need to go in this thread: www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-english-market-thread/27424/1

However, predicting the future value of cards is inexact at best–even for experienced collectors–and you will be best served by buying the cards that you enjoy and like!

5 Likes