What are your opinions on PSA 1 cards?

Does anyone have fond feelings for these, hate, for them etc? I’ve been having this desire to get some of my most damaged/creased cards graded just for the 1, but I guess any card can become a 1 so it is not all that special of a grade if any card can achieve it.

Would love to hear your opinions on them

1 Like

Shoot for 1.5 :wink:, more rare hehe

1 Like

I like PSA 7 Clefairy

10 Likes

O no not again

2 Likes

Wouldn’t pay a premium whatsoever, but I imagine that it would be fun putting together a PSA 1 holo set

*Dear mcorey777,**to our dismay we have to inform you that we were not able to grade your submitted card. It seems that your card has been tampered with, as we believe that there is no conceivable way to unintentionally massacre a collectible item in this manner. We hope that you can accept our refusal to grade your card and urge you to refrain from submitting other items of this ‘quality’, as our hearts and souls would shatter into a thousand pieces upon witnessing such a travesty ever again.**Also the spit was unnecessary.**Yours sincerely,*PSA

2 Likes

It was partially a joke. But I’ll take that down. I did get a nice laugh from the “PSa letter” haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh they ugly.

Unless you’re going for a PSA 1-10 I don’t see why anyone would want a PSA 1.

2 Likes

This is my whole point. I understand budget collectors but please have more pride in your collection then a PSa 1. You don’t need 10s but could at least go for a decent ungraded binder copy. Or a foreign language. A million options to save money from PSa 10 but that doesn’t mean you have to stoop as low as a 1… tisk tisk haha

2 Likes

I can see the lower grades becoming more valuable from a highly sought after cards. They are still authentic. Grading a full collection of psa 1s is likely for you though then to resale.

If it’s a highly sought after and/or very rare card (i.e. - trophy, 1st ed base holo) I’d rather have Authentic than PSA 1.

1 Like

Exactly, save yourself and just get a raw copy lol.

1 Like

Personally, I’d rather have an ungraded card rather than a PSA 1 card, because at least then I could put it in a binder and it wouldn’t take up as much space.

2 Likes

I think it is stupid to collect them but then again there are people who are amused by the whole “cut the pack” game on youtube…sooo play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Population 1!!! so rare

1 Like

In these cases it literally means your the only one dumb enough in the world to grade one or want one haha. Not you but the owner of said PSa 1 pop 1 haha

1 Like

There’s a first edition PSA 1 base set Blastoise up for auction up to nearly 300$ already. That card in 9 is like $850-$1150. People buy them just to own the card.

www.ebay.com/itm/1st-Edition-Shadowless-Blastoise-PSA-1-Grade-/264727031602

1 Like

yeah my favorite is when the seller of said cards puts that info in the title

1 Like

I only collect 4xxx cert PSA 1 cards since they are true grades.

2 Likes

The only way I can justify a PSa 1 are two ways. 1-10 collectors and if you yourself pulled a card as a kid and it accidentally got destroyed but you want to cherish old memories. However there should be about zero value to any PSa 1 unless it’s your childhood card to preserve memories :slight_smile: