Wanted to share this amazing Nintendo DS Lite

So… long story short; early 2020 I decided that I needed to get myself a Nintendo DS Lite. Because I’ve always wanted one, and let’s be real… who doesn’t love free ROM’s spread across the internet that you can download onto a R4i and you have access to all the games in the world with editing purposes. Like giving yourself any Shiny Pokemon you want in a game (= I love it.

So back to my story. I start searching for a Nintendo DS Lite around my local area… While keeping in mind that I wanted one w/ everything. Like the actual GBA blank casset that almost everyone is missing to my knowledge (I say this b/c everyone I tried to purchase… Never had everything with it, it was either missing this piece or that piece…) SO. I turned to Ebay. Found this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING BRAND NEW Nintendo DS Lite that had a Gold Palkia on it, and a Silver Dialga. Literally came with EVERYTHING, wrist strap, screen protectors, chargers, carrying case… like EVERYTHING. I figured, it’s too good to be true, but I went ahead and contacted them asking them questions about it… and it seemed completely legit. So I literally went ahead; made the purchase, only to have Covid-19 become a major pandemic, and outbreak around the world, making it nearly impossible for international trades to actually make it into the country.

So as I’m patiently waiting around for this DS to show up… March goes by, April goes by, May starts to come close to an end, and I basically say to them look. I’ve had more than enough of this waiting. I’ve purchased other things from the same area… and it’s already came, and they even said they had slower turn around times than this DS was supposed to come… So I demanded my money back.

Honestly. CANNOT complain one bit about this company as they asked me to wait another couple weeks to see if it shows up. So I wait through May. Still nothing… And so they happily messaged me back that they were going to issue a full refund, and IF it ever showed up… That I could simply keep it as a gift (= a BRAND NEW Pokemon edition Nintendo DS Lite… as a free gift IF it showed up… Which than had me even more worried and assured that it was too good to be true.

So I kid you guys not… THE DAY I GOT TO JUST LOOK AT THE TRACKING INFORMATION TO SEE IF THEIR HAVE BEEN ANY UPDATES… It literally says that it’s in MY state, and OUT FOR DELIVERY BY THE END OF THAT DAY.

I was immediately shocked and overcome with joy. Sure enough… It showed up on my door step around 6pm that day! I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shocked and happy.

So needless to say. I wanna share my gorgeous new Nintendo DS Lite with you guys. Share with you how beautiful it truly is. And also share with you guys how awesome it looks this actually is.

Also, all the while. I had taken my Gameboy Advance SP (as it’s hands down my most favorite portable handheld game that I’ve ever owned) and had ordered myself a New Glow in the Dark see through Shell. As well as buttons and the new IPS screen mod. Best/ coolest thing I’ve EVER seen and done as far as electronics goes. My GBA SP is GORGEOUS now. And the screen is like watching a 4k TV now.

SO! WITHOUT FURTHER ADU! Here is my DS Lite!

Sorry for the long winded message. Just wanted to share a good outcome story for once made of a bad beginning decision.

And here is the actual original posting picture:

10 Likes

I still love my DS Lite. Check out Advance Wars if you like strategy games. Lets see that GBA!

3 Likes

I actually bought that same edition brand new at a Gamestop with a copy of Diamond when it came out :blush:
I still have mine to this day too, in excellent condition with the exception of a hairline crack on one of the hinges and the original stylus missing. I have the case and the original charger too

Very nice pick up

1 Like

I mean… Congrats on the DS! I hope you gave them some money for it though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s my gorgeous modded GBA with the new IPS screen. Absolutely insane what this new screen looks like compared to the other one. I could not be happier that I chose to do this. I also soldered an extra wire in there for the screen brightness adjuster. It allows me 10 different loads of brightness, in the pictures I’ll be showing you, that’s only on 3/10. It’s simply amazing. Like I said, it’s like going from the old bubble screen TV’s to the newest and greatest 4k HD TV’s. It’s so awesome and fun.

And thanks! I’ll definitely check out that GBA game! I looked at it, and it seems pretty dang fun. As I now have the ability to download the game with the help of the R4i of course (=

3 Likes

Great post, as a child I never had the chance to get a gameboy and all the cool kids at achool had one but they wont let you play. Some years later I managed to buy an used gameboy advance with Pokemon Yellow, good memories.

1 Like

That GBA is gorgeous! Where did you get the transparent shell?

1 Like

I do like that DS lite since Gen 4 is my favorite. I remember my first pokemon themed DS was the Yveltal edition. I sold that when the red and blue themed NEW 3ds came out. Disappointed that I cant play GBA on it, but that is what my PS vita is for.

1 Like

Awe yes. It’s so sad that some people get to have things early on, and others have to wait till they can personally afford them themselves later on in life. But yeah I started out with the original Pokemon Red/Blue. Eventually bought the Yellow one. Thought it was kinda cool that Pikachu could follow you but I didn’t like the fact that only Pikachu could follow you. I always wanted to have something else following me. Like a Charizard or something haha. But yeah, these are my babies. I love them very much. Thanks for your comment!

1 Like

Umm! Actually there’s an entire Mod store that I buy all my parts from. IF you want to buy a PRE-cut GBA shell for the IPS screen mod… you have to get one off of eBay. Searching “Pre-cut GBA SP shell for IPS screen” and pick the color you want. Mine personally is a glow in the dark green one… and than the buttons are baby blue, and glow in the dark. The only color the buttons come in in glow in the dark… Which worked out perfect for me because they match my GBA shell perfectly.

But this site has all the stuff you need otherwise if you wanna just buy it from there. They sell kits and they sell just individual pieces. So if you’re looking for JUST the shell itself. Check eBay. Even if you don’t want the PRE-cut shell one… You can just search for a GBA SP case’s. Otherwise you can go to this site where they sell whole kits if you’re interested in modding your gameboy. I can give you all the links and more if you want to send me a private message if you’re interested more in that information!

But yeah! The transparent shell’s are always a must have (= I had to have this color combo and I wanted one that glowed in the dark (=

Agreed agreed. Palkia and Dialga :heart_eyes: Love them so much. That’s why when I saw this one BRAND NEW in box NEVER OPENED with all the stuff. I had to have it. I love it so much. It’s absolutely gorgeous. I NEVER knew they even had a Yveltal one! I just looked it up on Google and I see that they had a Red and a Blue version! That’s SO awesome!

Which one did you have? The Red or Blue Yveltal one?

And it’s interesting to me… Because I was also so dead set on the Gameboy Advance SP and that was like the end game for me since it had a flip screen, it was small and compact, and it had a backlit screen. So I never got into the whole “Nintendo DS’s…” But than when I found out from another great member on here that you could mod games and get ROM’s on an R4i card and play them through the DS lite… I had to look into them, and buy one for myself. But I remember the big hype for the younger generation and stuff when I was younger when people had been snatching up the “2 DS, 3 DS, 3DS 3d” or whatever it was called. (I can’t remember all the names right now.) But I was just never interested into them… Until now that is obviously! (=

Yeah that’s a major bummer that they went away with being able to play GBA games on the newer Ds’s. Such’s when companies do that. But yeah! I just saw that either PSP or PS vita’s can play those gameboy games on their! I never knew that was even possible! What is the mechanism that you have to get to be allowed to play using a PS vita or PSP if it’s possible to play them on that…

I had the red Yveltal one. To answer your question on the ps vita, you just need the system and just use your computer to install the hack to the ps vita. I took me around 10 mins and now it can play all PS1, PSP, GBA, Sega CD, (most) N64 games. There are obviously more emulators on the vita, but you can download Retroarch which has all the emulators together. If your interested in learning more about a hacked vita, this link pretty much answers the most important questions. Reddit - Dive into anything

For me the Vita is the king of handheld consoles when hacked (also it looks modern enough and has a great screen). I recommend looking at youtube vids if you want to see all the things it can do.

I remember wanting this one so bad! Nice one

1 Like

Pleased for you. A few months wait would have put big alarm bells in my mind. Well done for seeing it through.

I’m not that tech savvy especially with handhelds but I dusted off my 3DS which was untouched for about 6/7 years. I basically played Zelda then stored it away.

Anyway I just Homebrewed it and well wow. The potential of the console is crazy. Every hand held game under the sun I can think off. I’ve got Pokemon Omega Ruby. My first poke game since the original Ruby. All the feels and nostalgia coming back. Ds was in same box as my pole cards which I’m getting back to and the reason I found this site.

1 Like

That is SUPER awesome. And yeah… you’re telling me. After ordering it back in either early February or early March; and not getting it until late into June or July. However long it was… and after going over time and time again, back and forth with the “seller” on Ebay “Assuring me” that it was most definitely on its way and that I need not worry.

Well when you’re spending that type of money, and it isn’t yours, sure it’s easy to tell someone not to “worry” but when you are the one who’s paying out for it, and nothing is happening to the information that you were provided with, it’s a lot of money and it’s scary. I couldn’t believe it took as long as it did, but in the end, couldn’t be happier that it DID in fact arrive safe and sound. And is now mine! (=

But it was the strangest thing. I had completely given up on it, and was taking it as a lost cause; and one day… out the the blue; I thought to myself; “hmm maybe I should just give the routing number a look see ONE more time, just to see if ANYTHING has changed over the past 4-5 months I’d been waiting.” And literally THAT DAY… the day I found the email with the supplied information about its “possible” were-about; it said: “Out for Delivery.” And sure enough. It came that same day!

And at this point… the company had already given me a full refund, so I can’t say that dealing with them was a bad experience ~ per-say… But I will say this. That it was VERY nice of them to fully re-em-burst me my money, AND tell me that “if it did ever show up, that I could keep it as a gift.”

So here my brand spanking new Nintendo Ds Lite shows up in the mail. Completely in box, unopened, untouched; with everything inside the box. I couldn’t have been happier. The Rare Palkia & Dialga. The Space & Time rulers, on my Nintendo, finally showed up.

**BUT I just wanted to say, and to let you know! That if you ever have any questions regarding anything technical or really just in general; I’m VERYYYYYYYY tech savvy. So I would be happy to lend you a helping hand with whatever it is you might need! Don’t be afraid to ask. Just send me a message or comment back onto this posting. I’d be more than happy to help.

Thanks for posting by the way (=**

Really? See I was shocked when I came across this one, because I never knew that special one’s like this were made! I thought there were only solid colored ones, and obviously one’s like the “Zelda” one and what-not, for specially released games. But never in a million years did I think that they would have a Palkia & Dialga Nintendo Ds! I also was talking with some other people and they informed me that there were other one’s as well. Like a Yveltal. That one would have been very cool to have come across/ seen as well!

But yeah I couldn’t be happier. That I got a legitimate Nintendo Ds lite, the Pokemon Palkia & Dialga special edition one as well, all brand new and sealed up.

Like this one here:

The DS lite was so simple and so amazing. It was literally the perfect version of the DS. Then the DSi came in and they added a camera?