Vintage Sticker Card Info

Best bet would be to look on eBay, if there isn’t much data then I would just list it for a higher buy it now. Then just see where the offers land.

I would say you’d make more selling individually, as most people interested in something like this would probably only need certain ones to complete what they already have.

The anime collection cards are counterfeits. The others are bootlegs.

Your story is false.

What makes you say that? I know the Carddass Anime cards are fake if they say only say “1998” but is legit if it has the “Bandai Made In Japan 1998”. At least that’s what I’ve been able to find through research (from a thread on here too,I believe). As far as the others, why do you say they’re bootlegs? I can’t really find any info on any of the other cards besides the Bandai ones. I purchased a set of the silver backed ones on Mercari recently that I feel are really knock offs because the holographic is cheaper looking and the quality doesn’t seem as good. This is why I want to find out though… I want to make sure I know what I have and if I choose to sell then the buyer will get what they know they’re getting. I’ve definitely had these cards since 90s-00s ish though for sure. Of that I’m positive. As to whether they’re fakes? It’s possible.

Thanks. I think I’ll do that. If they’re not fake of course, lol.

I’m going to be polite.

I doubt I am the best authority on the subject by any means, but I also doubt anyone else here is willing to put in the effort to educate you (or anyone else for that matter) about the Carddass Anime Collection cards as there is a lot of leg work for relatively cheap cards, the likeliest factor for why it hasn’t been done yet.

I will make an article post on the Carddass Anime Collection cards in general and provide a visual reference guide. I know there has been an increasing curiosity for those cards in particular.

If I get time I will also provide an article (perhaps somewhere down the line) for a common sense guide to identifying cards and their mischievous unlicensed counterparts. It will include stickers too and the entertaining reasons for why they are commonly used, but I will get into all of that at a later point.

Keep an eye out for the article post.

Thank you. I hope my post didn’t come off hostile as that’s not my intent. There isn’t a lot of info of these cards so that’s why I’m curious as to what they’re about. Any help is greatly appreciated. Is it just the Anime Cards you’re referring to, or all the cards? I’ve only been able to find info on the Anime cards but not the others. Either way, looking forward to reading the article and getting informed on these. Thanks!

You didn’t come across as hostile. I just don’t believe your story for multiple reasons.

The most prominent being that counterfeit/bootleg sellers often sell multiple types of counterfeits and bootlegs. You happen to have exhibited obvious counterfeits which are both easily distinguishable and typically accompanied by other common types of bootlegs, which you have also shown.

This leaves me wondering whether you purchased them from someone who sold them to you, with a story you are now parroting to us, or whether you are intentionally intending to deceive and attempting to drum up interest in them.
I know for a fact you haven’t had them for nearly as long as you profess.

But I will go into detail about non-tcg bootlegs in a second article if time permits.

Yeah. As soon as he said how long he’s had them well, it didn’t fit;) In court, if you’re not honest about one thing, you don’t have to be believed about anything;)

I got them from my Aunty from what I believe was the 90s-00s era. I don’t know the exact date as it was so long ago. Definitely not looking to deceive. I came across a seller selling individual cards for $30-40 a pop which completely baffled me as I thought these cards are basically worthless (as supposedly they now are). Another seller said they’ve seen complete sets go for $1000+. I have a few complete sets. If I’m going to sell something for that high of a price point, I’m going to want to know what it is, why it costs so much and if that price point is justified. There really isn’t a lot of info on these cards, especially the non-anime ones. This board seems like a place where real heads hang, so I figured I’d ask here rather than anywhere else.

How old are these cards? I was heavily into Pokémon in fourth-sixth grade so that would be around 98-01 ish. I might have been into it a little after that, but nowhere as heavy. By high school (04ish) I was completely out of it as far as card collecting goes. I’m pretty sure I got these cards within the 98-01 era as that’s when I was into it most heavy. Quite possibly 02-03 but I can’t be certain. I’m pretty sure I got these cards from my Aunty via a gift basket type of deal she made for me for either Christmas, Easter or my birthday. It probably had these cards and a bunch of other Pokémon related things as well (stationery, candy, toys etc.)

I’m all for legitimacy and the real deal. I won’t claim something is, what it isn’t, but is there any objective proof that these are fakes? I’m willing to accept they are fake, but I’d also like hard evidence to best ease my own mind. From research, I’ve only been able to find this thread www.elitefourum.com/t/1998-bandai-pocket-monster-anime-collection/23732/1 as to any information whatsoever as to what might and might not be real. Supposedly the fakes only say “1998” and are pretty much all holofoils. Mines say “Bandai 1998 Made In Japan” so that seemed like a good bet they could be real. I just noticed however, that quite a bit of mine are also holofoil and go across the whole card whereas in the thread it says they should be contained to just the picture. That makes me wonder.

For the other cards… there’s basically no info at all anywhere about them except from what I’ve seen others selling. I bought a charmander and squirtle from a seller online recently and they’re basically indistinguishable from mine. I also bought other “extras” from another seller… same thing. For the silver backed ones… I bought a set from a seller thinking that maybe I could flip for some profit if they were as much as people were claiming they were. Those are absolutely fakes of that I’m pretty sure. The holograph is lower quality and the card itself just isn’t as well made. I’ll post some pics comparing the two later.

I don’t mind or care if these cards are fake… I just want absolute proof so I know that I’m not throwing a bunch of valuable cards away or ripping anyone off unintentionally.

imgur.com/a/LPm8iTq