VillagePillage Base set Charizard Collection

Here is my humble charizard collection. I know it doesn’t amount to others, but ever since the beginning of this card game, Charizard has been the Gold standard for me.

I am currently in the works to finally add a 1st Edition!

22 Likes

@villagepillage, nice, do you plan on adding shadowless as well?

1 Like

Next collection goal is…

But tbh this would be pretty cool to have. Haha.

thats ridiculous. I remember seeing that lol

eventually yes. Wonder if I should watch the market for prices to lower again.

Awesome collection!

I find it really really hard to guess where the market is going to go next. I am sure that a lot of collectors were added to the hobby due to the usual finding your old collection, loving it, and wanting to add to it. But some people have purchased beyond their means and will panic sell which will drive prices lower quickly. Those hoping to “invest” who put 90% of their savings in cards are going to be selling soon and have already started.

Yeah, I definitely see that on the facebook pages lol. I’m ready for prices to go down so I can add more lol. Not really an investment but for the enjoyment of collecting. I’m wondering if I should just start completing sets that I never got to do, or more into slabs of cards I enjoy.

I feel you on this! I got back in around three years back and I have a tendency to go hard into collections, but decided to take it slow with Pokemon and figured like everyone else that I would have time and be able to build up all these old sets…HUGE MISTAKE! Haha

But no one could have known this was going to happen so I try not to kick myself too hard. Definitely keep an eye out though, there are still deals out there if you’re patient…and don’t mind scouring ebay for hours lol

@villagepillage,Got me beat, I Only have three. But man did it feel good to get the first one. I never had one as a kid.

@villagepillage, Hey, we all had to start somewhere. Keep it up and you’ll get there.

1 Like

Yup, lol. Insane. My first step is going to be to buy a mint Team Rocket set. I have a frame that can fit 84 cards so I was thinking about doing all 83 and the last spot a booster pack lol.

Thanks! Much appreciated

Love those OG Japanese base Zards. Trying to find a NM one myself!