Vending Mail Away Promo Masaki Complete (Your opinion)

Hi,

Only the person who mailed two pieces of cards of 'Bill’s PC 'and ‘Haunter’ was able to obtain it in ‘Trading the Pokémon Campaign’ performed in November, 1998.

These Promo cards are as mint as they came to me last Month. Sealed and in the original e-mail.

It can be if I remove the cards of the original e-mail some top lef and lower right corners can show indentation marks from being in the mail.

Not removed them up to now. When received directly placed in the toploaders

The Vending series #00 , 01 ,02 ,03 are complete and also stored one by one in the toploaders.

The number #03 is from the 1st and much smaller print run of the Vending Series #03 Promotional cards. The Bill’s PC Card was only available in the 1st print run. It was not printed in the more common run that followed.

The Bill’s PC Card (PSA Graded)was bought from one of our friends 

Your opinion:
Should I leave the collection as is or go for the PSA grading or any other opnion is also welcome.

Attachments:

2 Likes

These cards are incredibly tough to grade well. They are very very prone to small creases that even the best and most knowledgeable collectors can miss. There are a lot of PSA 6s for these cards because of that.

Honestly I’d keep them in their original state. No need to PSA grade them if you can keep them nice and stored correctly.

1 Like

Are the creases typically from the cards being inserted or being removed? I really hate the way Pokemon has packaged and continues to package some cards in its near-impossible-to-remove-without-damaging ways.

I got a golem 8 for trade.

Would not grade these

From the packaging itself. The longer they’re left in the original packaging the more likely they’re damaged. I wouldn’t even buy the cards in their packaging if you’re trying to get a PSA 9 or higher set.

@majomaal For that reason alone I would leave them in their packaging. You’re not most likely not going to get a high grade if they’ve been in their packaging they’re whole life so you might as well leave them as is. Grab other maskai cards and attempt to get the PSA 10 set.

IMO
PSA 10 set > sealed set
Sealed set > any non PSA 9/10 set
PSA 9 = sealed set

Definitely wouldn’t grade Masaki promos; that more likely than not is a losing gamble.

I’d sleeve the cards at least and then stick them back into the mail piece before toploading them though since they can still move around in the toploader and get scratched. Storing anything not standard card sized is always tricky unfortunately.

:confused:

2 Likes

These things generally ge the type of crease that you can’t even see unless you hold it at just the right angle under a good light. They will look great, that is almost for sure. Whether you want to grade them and have them in slabs is up to you, I think they would be the same value either way.

More importantly to me is whether the crease is the common one I just mentioned for these cards, or whether it had been pressed enough that it is easily and always visible

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback.

The cards in their original letter (front and back) really look mint (even the letters). Removing the cards is almost impossible without bending the cards or cutting the letter. From a collectors point of view having all original vending sheets and their corresponding promos as send/receieved untouched also makes value to my opinion.Nice and safe in the toploaders.
I will not go for the quest of having all in PSA 10 as of the history of those cards.
Success to those still trying to accomplish this ( is there somebody having all in PSA 10 ? )

Yes there is;)

For sure remove them (easy to do with no damage) put them in a ‘holo dot’ sleeve, then put them back on the card. If you don’t, the imprint damage can get worse which I’ve seen. While you have them off the card look at the back corners and guage how noticeable the imprints are then let us know.

I think they should be left sealed I love original paperwork. This is only my opinion though, but these cards do not grade well so it’s a risk in itself

Could you tell me how to do easy with no damage. To preserve the letter you only can remove by bending the card. To preserve the card i only can flip the corners of the card holder(damaging the letter). Happy to know your route.

To complete the set :ninja: . Just received.

http://i.imgur.com/UNHxGyd.jpg

2 Likes

Always wondered what this was, seen them knocking about

It’s actually easy to remove them without damage. We’d just snip two corners it to the insert. They come right out:)

Actually they are dents, not creases.
We always though they were from the roller/postmark machines.

1 Like

How much do the PSA 10’s actually go for? I haven’t seen very many completed or sold listings of them

Considering their population…