Vaporeon's Collection

Organizing? What’s that? I just pile it all together.

17 Likes

What are those white square cards at the bottom? They look interesting.

That is one colorful and diverse assortment of Pokémon cards and whatnot. The old Sugimori artwork is just amazing. Great collection, chaos is the new order!

1 Like

They are one of my favorite things in the whole collection which is why I have them up front. They are Topsun square mini seals non-holo. The Dragonite and Nidoqueen right above them are the holo versions from the same set. Extremely rare. The non-holos are just so awesome. I bought almost all of my non-holos in one auctions together and only picked up singles two times. Ponyta was one of the singles but I can’t remember the other. I’ll take more pictures.

2 Likes

Lots of great stuff here!

This is the majority of non-holos that I have. The Scyther and Kangaskhan are my two favorites and they are in the display pic.

8 Likes

Came here to actually see a vaporeon’s collection, and wasnot dissapointed cos I don’t like eeveelutions, nice !!!

I understand that for sure! I collect everything that catches my eye. Vaporeon is my favorite Pokémon but I totally understand that the eeveelutions are hyped to the point of over saturation. I have a lot of Charizard and Pikachu vending prism stuff and jumbo carddass sheets, too.

1 Like

Also, Gyarados is undeniable. Just a Pokémon powerhouse in design and playability in the games as well as general lore associated with it. I will never forget evolving Magikarp in Pokémon Red/Blue or obtaining Red Gyarados in Gold/Silver games. That was way before I knew what a shiny Pokémon was or that you could encounter a shiny in the wild in those games. And Gyarados is one of the only 1st edition stamped base set cards that I have.

2 Likes

Very nice assortment! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for those images, I really like those Topsun square minis. Gonna try and find some if possible.

Yeah I just love them. I think Ponyta was the only single I ever came across. The rest were in two group purchases. The Ditto is one of my favorites. But the colors on the Wartortle and Charmeleon are great. I guess you can’t really see the Charmeleon very well in my post but he is rad.

1 Like

I can see why you love them, this is the first time I’ve seen them and they look awesome. Another set to add to my list of collecting lol. This will never end.

And you were right about them being rare, had very little luck on eBay and on Japanese proxy sites I only found one person selling them and they were selling them individually at around $5 each. Got them on my radar and will keep an eye out for when new listings pop up. Thanks again for introducing me to this awesome set.

Topsun art poster with holographic silver background. It is made of thin cardboard but cannot be rolled up like an ultra thin paper poster could. The dots below the Pokémon are supposed to be denoting either rarity or power (I am not sure which). The reverse side of this poster is covered in the same Pokémon but non-holo and not full color. This is the most prized item in my collection.

7 Likes

This is why I have a Flats collection. Vintage Pokemon Japanese product is so varied and so nostalgic. It’s like a different world into collecting which I love. Absolutely love the feeling your collection brings!

1 Like

Very nice and diverse collection! Yesterday I answered someone’s question about some resources for Japanese non-TCG cards, like Bandai Carddass, Meiji, Topsun, BlockBuster Snap Station, Battle-e, etc., and after answering it it really made me wonder how many and which non-TCG cards there are out there. I sometimes see some obscure ones on eBay (and have some myself), but seeing a collection like yours makes me realize how many dozens of different Pokémon non-TCG cards sets there are out there most of us are unaware of.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

1st Editions

1 Like

@quuador, yes there are so many sets. I look for them all. Sometimes I see an odd outlier that I can’t explain but I love the image so I have to have it. The Misty and Psyduck sitting in front of a campfire with a Vulpix is a card in the middle of one of the pictures that I uploaded that I know nothing about. I paid 10$ for it and am super happy. It looks like a phone card and has little details on the back for some kind of transactional usage. But it is easily bendable compared to the hard plastic phone cards I have.