USPS Shipping Updated After 2 Weeks

Hi everyone,

Just curious if this problem has happened to anyone or if anyone has any words of wisdom:

TLDR: Ebay listing sold Dec 7th, shipped Dec 7th, USPS confirmed it had left USPS on the 7th

Buyer opened case after item was not received, and I had contacted USPS who looked into it and couldn’t find anything. Then all of a sudden tracking updates this morning that its out for delivery. Does the buyer have any reason to send the package back? Or is this a scenario where they get to keep both? Do I have a claim with USPS? I am really at a loss here, package value around $125 and I am preparing to just eat it.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Have you tried reaching out to the buyer again? I think it’s basically in their hands about what to do

2 Likes

Yep and that was my first route, pretty much just wanted to cover my bases and see what others may have gone through in the past. eBay and USPS pretty much both said its up to the buyer and if they want to return the item or purchase again they can. But what they conveniently leave out is if the buyer just ghosts me, I am out both the item and the refund and nothing can really be done.

Honestly, I have had very good luck with issues like this. Most people are actually pretty honest and solid and will let you know it arrived and willing to fulfill their end. Like PFM said, go ahead and reach out and let them know it was found and out for delivery.

I think what you said is accurate, at this point it’s essentially up to the buyer. I have had this happen (on the buying side) and that’s how it worked for me; nothing arrived for 3 weeks, I asked the seller about it, they reached out to USPS to no avail. They initiated the return, and then 3 days later I got delivery notifications. Ended up just sending the money to the seller once I received the card. Hopefully the buyer is willing to work with you :+1:

I sent one 2 years ago that went missing for over 2 months internationally. There never was a delivery scan, but the buyer reached out to me and said it was delivered. The buyer ended up paying with PayPal, and was actually ahead since there were no eBay fees.

Key is to be nice to the buyer. “Hey, I noticed the card arrived today. Will you please either return the card to me or issue payment for it.”

1 Like

Great information here thank you everyone!

Update: I was actually able to contact the local post office and they have updated the item to return to sender back to me.

What a roller coaster, never have had issues, moral of the story soon as something looks off, get on the horn with USPS. I waited and let the grace period of the missing item request finish, and I think this might have been fixed if I addressed sooner.

Please close thread or leave open if others have more information they’d like to offer.

Blue

2 Likes

Nice, did it cost you any extra to reroute back to you? I heard USPS charges like $10 to return to sender

I feel like ive been through a USPS course on legal and policy, so what you are referring to is package intercept which is $15.99 and I think it can ramp up based on how long its been out there. When I tried looking into that yesterday, the cost was literally $178.99 to intercept it due to how long it was out for.

USPS is going to I assume front the cost as its really their mess up, id be happy to pay the $5 shipping but I assume they will just expense it.