Unpopular Pokemon Trainer's Collection

This first post in the thread is a list of all the cards I have posted in this thread. Assuming everything goes right the page I have listed before the card name is the page you can locate the post.

*This post will be frequently edited in future with more card details*

(Page 1)
Sandaconda V Promo 174/S-P Japanese
:sparkles:Greninja Gold Star Sword & Shield Promos SWSH114 Cosmos Holo Promo
Charizard Celebrations Classic Collection 4/102 Holo Rare
Imposter Professor Oak Celebrations Classic Collection 73/102 Holo Rare
Rocket’s Zapdos Celebrations Classic Collection 15/132 Holo Rare
Birthday Pikachu Celebrations Classic Collection 24 Holo Rare
Claydol Celebrations Classic Collection 15/106 Holo Rare
Gardevoir Lost Thunder 141/214 Cosmos Holo Promo

(Page 2)
Umbreon Gold Star Celebrations Classic Collection 17/17 Holo Rare

8 Likes

At one point, I believe Sandaconda was the cheapest alt art. It still might be? I picked up a couple a while ago, mostly because I think the art is amazing. Good pickup.

I’d buy that card just for the heater artwork

1 Like

I just adore artworks of these fierce looking pokemon who are shown in a pleasant everyday scene

If you mean v alt arts then probably. However alt art gxs have plummeted especially dedenne gx

1 Like

@unpopularpkmntrainer, was that promo ever released in English. I collect cards with trainers in the art, but am still being indecisive about Japanese exclusives. Thanks for bringing the art to my attention brother/sister!

1 Like

It is japanese exclusive alongside a Celebi V alt art too (which is way more expensive than this card).

1 Like

Getting my collection thread started with quite possibly my favourite modern card:

Sandaconda V Promo 174/S-P Japanese

Flawless quality except for a white spot on the back

1 Like

Greninja Gold Star Sword & Shield Promos SWSH114 Cosmos Holo Promo
I love the galaxy swirl placement on this guy

And I pulled the Zard from my 1 ETB so far. Very happy. Birthday Pikachu was a nice treat too

7 Likes

Shame, thanks for bringing a under discussed card to my attention though :blush: Collection looks ace!

I love artworks with seemingly vicious and intimidating pokemon in everyday moments like this. I also like duraludon v alt art for the same reason.

Got this beauty in the mail for under $10 AUD. I am an absolute sucker for gardevoir and cosmos holo promos
In case anyone is wondering I scan my cards but I also will take photos. It’s mostly to show the holo in different lighting.

6 Likes

A bit late here but it was recently revealed that the sandaconda and celebi alt art promos will be in the newest english.

That’s awesome, I’ll look forward to that addition. I believe it’s the first team yell cameo.

Thanks Wooltchi

I’m a bit late responding but where did you hear this? I must find out

1 Like

Someone posted an etb set list, celebi is on it :grin:

Celebrations has been very good to me: it gave me the 2 most prized Classic Collection cards: charizard and Umbreon Gold Star within a week of each other:

7 Likes

Very nice cards! And your scans are so clear!

And yeah I also heard they will be in the next English set. I think the etb booklet leaked and they are on the list.

Thank you. I scan them so I can see how the scanner shows the holo pattern and if it looks better than a camera with ambient lighting.

Honestly sandaconda V alt, espeon vmax alt, and inteleon vmax alt are the coolest cards in the booklet reveal. Im not a huge inteleon fan but that alt artwork is fantastic!

1 Like

Just opened the Celebrations Collectors Chest and the set just keeps on delivering me the goods. I pulled the most expensive cards in the set (Charizard, Umbreon Gold Star, Shining Magikarp, & Gold Mew) and am now just 5 cards away from finishing it, which are all under 20usd each.