Understanding Chansey Biology

This is the first rough draft of an article I will be expanding about Understanding Chansey Biology. Please let me know your questions and constructive criticism.

13 Likes

3 Likes

@pivot, I would not be surprised if multiple species can lay Togepi eggs. My theory is that in the wild, the triangle markings on the shell can be used to determine who a Togepi’s mother was as a distinctive pattern.

2 Likes

Idk why, but this is kind of disturbing to me LOL

1 Like

Hasn’t this already been settled with the cross-sectional picture of chansey?

2 Likes

Absolutely not, that picture is NOT accurate and should be ignored

3 Likes

Thank you for the information and for the blessed drawing of Togetic… I love it :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

sperm delivery channel

3 Likes

I will admit it’s a nice conspiracy theory

Kind of a meme, but I genuinely enjoyed and thought the following theory had some legs, but apparently Nurse Joy might have to be added to this. I don’t watch much of Game Theory anymore, but I gotta say his recent video convinced me pretty decently That Nurse Joy is in fact the final evolution of Chansey (just not in the sense of like blissey hit level 100 and evolves, but more like, apes evolved into humans.) Albeit his bit about Orange Island’s Joy being a shiny variant was too much of a grasp for extra details.

@pigeonsyndicate, not a meme it’s my life’s work.

As for the video, I just watched it. It was funny but a long-winded way of avoiding the Occam’s Razor that Nurse Joys are obviously clones, hence looking the same and having the same temperament. This also explains every point the author made:

• Clones being all related to each other
  • Clones having slight physical differences
  • Clone children looking the same as their “parents”
  • Clones all having the same family name

Them being Pokemon would not account for:

• We never see Nurse Joy in the wild
  • Nurse Joy who don’t like their job or perform poorly - why would Chansey choose to evolve into Nurse joy if didn’t enjoy working in Pokemon Center? They could choose a different profession.
  • Poke Balls have bounced against Nurse Joy in the anime
  • Chansey is capable of performing surgery on their own
  • Chanseys go to school to learn how to be doctors and nurses at the Pokemon Center. They learn in Chansey form, when if they would be treating patients as Nurse Joy, it would make more sense to learn in Nurse Joy form.
  • Nurse Joy mostly does menial labor at the Pokemon Center while Chansey and guest doctors do the mentally difficult work.
  • Are humans somehow… not aware of Chansey evolving into Nurse Joy? Are we going to ignore the implication of Brock’s beastiality desires?
1 Like

@qwachansey, Oh, didn’t mean your post was a meme, but rather what I was about to post. I figured you’d have all the viable chansey info so didn’t wanna usurp you knowledge by posting some random YouTube video on here. Not being sarcastic either even though the words I chose might sound that way. :sweat_smile:

Last bit about Brock is hilarious haha!

In general though, I think it has more to do with the current branch of Chansey evolution just didn’t evolve over thousands of years, in much the same way as the primate family remains very distinct from current humans.

There is also the fact that Nurse Joy is able to breed with humans, so clearly they evolved over thousands of years to be a distinctly different species. So I don’t think they are fully considered Pokémon anymore. Hence the poke balls not working on them.

Wild nurse joys, I’d say that as a result of having evolved to a more fully cognitive state compared to that of regular chansey, the aspect of breeding in the wild is lost. They aren’t captured by trainers and forced to breed either. It’s much more natural and generational. Though, I suppose if they were Pokémon and evolved a few thousand years ago, the world would just be entirely Nurse Joy at this point haha!

1 Like

By “shiny Chansey” did you mean “Audino”?

2 Likes

I’ve not watched the article, but I somewhat am intrigued if Growlithes evolve into Officer Jenny’s…

I have a few questions that need answers:

Why do we never see a Chansey without an egg? What happens after it hatches? Does another egg form or does the Chansey then have an empty sack?

If Shiny Chansey is male, why does he also have an egg?

The chance of encountering a shiny Pokemon aka male Chansey is 1 in 4096. This means that each male has to reproduce with 1000’s of females in order to guarantee another Shiny to keep the species alive. That leaves a high probability that future generations would reproduce with a half-brother. Are DNA issues resulting from incest a problem with Chansey’s?

How does the Chansey egg get fertilized?

• Another egg forms. The eggs are almost always unfertilized so the egg membrane grows quickly.

• Male Chansey can also grow eggs but they are always unfertilized. Similar to male humans having nipples but cannot produce milk. The mechanism to lay eggs is an earlier part of Chansey embryonic development than sex assignment.

• That is the odds of encountering not the odds of a Chansey being born male. Likewise the odds of Chansey born male would not change once you have a Shiny Charm. Many are shy and don’t want to deal with humans trying to catch them hence being known to flee. It’s also possible wild Male Chansey normally look pink but “shine” as part of a mating ritual.

• Chanseys do not mate with their siblings. You may be thinking of Audino, a species known for incest and inbreeding.

• I don’t know. I’ll have to research more. It feels indecent to ask them.

5 Likes

How do Pokecenter’s recruit in such numbers? Are the chanseys that work there captured themselves?

Chanseys have a natural affinity for the nursing profession and gravitate to Pokémon Center jobs in high numbers. The anime episode “Ignorance is Blissey” shows Chanseys studying medical knowledge. They are there of their own free will

1 Like

Ok, but what’s up with their hair?

Do they get any form of payment or is it literally for kicks?