Ultra rare 1-of-1 Chansey

(Caption taken from Instagram)

Normally I try not to flex my best purchase “steals”, but I couldn’t resist sharing this. It’s a 1 of 1 Chansey illustration with metallic glitter glue and font error. The ingenious creator not only laminated the card for protection, they also used a a big brain method of stapling the sides together to ensure the plastic laminate would stick. On the back is what I first interpreted to be an astronaut due to the laminate folding but may be a modernist re-invention of the Pokémon logo. It’s not every day you come across something so exquisite and are able to purchase for only $50. Unfortunately, I’ve reached out to the seller and he has no other hand-drawn cards remaining. This pop 1 Chansey will never be re-printed, helping accelerate it’s long term value. Many people have been saying pokemon cards are equivalent to art pieces and this masterpiece truly exemplifies this theory.

30 Likes

Honestly this looks within the realm of possibility for WOTC print quality

11 Likes

25th Ani is just around the corner

11 Likes

Is that a grey stamp HP error?

Holy shit, your 1-of-1 Chansey just got even rarer! :scream:

3 Likes

grade this asap!

1 Like

Did Banksy make this? What a piece of art.

2 Likes

A true (quadruple) staple for any self-respecting Chansey collector. Awesome acquisition!

2 Likes

Holo with stars, no shadow, this may be a new shadowless prototype or something

1 Like

I was about to make the same image but you beat me to it! Amazing lol

1 Like

Just gonna… go ahead and… you know… take that for uh… Discord.

1 Like

Truly a spectacular card. I genuinely enjoy looking at it.

2 Likes

Now that is some artwork you can appreciate! Nice find!

1 Like

I mentioned this on Discord but I’ll say it again: I’m sad that you paid more for this Chansey than most of my PSA 10 Pichu cards are worth. :grin:
On second thoughts, maybe I should be relieved about that…

This is great, it’s very reminiscent of the hand-made cards kids used to bring in to school. It’s missing the signature tinfoil holo effect, but if that recent Charizard thread is anything to go by that only serves to make this even rarer!

3 Likes

It doesn’t mention the illustrator but when you carefully look at the art you can be almost sure it’s Tomokazu Komiya!

1 Like

PSA 0.5 all day :joy:

Seriously tho it looks fake. I understand wanting to add a new Chansey card to your collection but this would be a hard pass for me. Even if it’s a legit card it’s way too beat for my liking. That’s a goodwill card. It should be given to a kid or something. Just my thoughts.

From the messages exchanged with the seller I think a kid was thrilled to get fifty bucks :wink:

3 Likes

I think this card has a shot at a PSA 10, maybe even CGC 9 if we’re lucky.

Honestly, not gonna lie. This kid should do a full set. Reminds me so much of the old illustration contests where kids submitted their artwork.

1 Like

1 Like

Ebay proxy sellers are really getting out of hand

4 Likes