Typhlosion T17 1st edition - Wrinkle on card

As we know the price of this card recently has gone up in price a fair bit. I knew I had one in my collection and was curious to see what condition it was actually in, mostly due to the card being tough to grade.

At first, it looked to be in excellent condition. I then looked a bit closer and unfortunately noticed a very small crease/wrinkle on the face of the card. There is no visible damage on the reverse side and the card itself in not bent.

I can’t think how something like this would happen without the damage also appearing on the reverse side. I do have other cards like this where the damage is only visible on one side but they are not in “NM-mint condition” like this.

How badly would this affect the grade if it were sent to PSA? I do own PSA cards, but have never personally graded a PSA card. Without the wrinkle it looks like a 9 all day long comparing it to other PSA 9’s I own, which is bit of a downer.

P S A 6

:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

If they notice that, which they almost certainly will, then yeah I would think a PSA 6 is the highest grade it could get.

Ah man, that’s rough. Beautiful card though.

2 Likes

That is considered a crease right? I’m trying to learn the english words, crease, indent, press mark etc

As others have stated its a 6 max with a crease like that unfortunately. Good ole fashioned “NM” binder card.

Yeah I was a little gutted when I seen it. Especially considering the rest of the card is pretty much perfect.

Generally speaking, yes. I have seen other people refer to these as wrinkles as it is only visible on the face side. Usually a crease is visible on both sides of the card.

Thanks for the other responses. I was thinking around a 6 or 7 myself. At a 6 I don’t think it’s worth getting it graded. As mentioned above, it will stay in the binder, haha. :blush:

1 Like

Actual RIP because otherwise that card looks so clean

2 Likes

Try BGS with that card, not PSA.

Send it to me. It’s a serious candidate for my PokeHospital;)

Yeah this is one of those cases where it might only be a PSA 6 but could easily be like a BGS 9.

Please explain the pokehospital?

Yeah I was a little gutted inside when I saw it. The reverse is pretty much spotless.

Mind elaborating a little more? :blush:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s one of those weird ones. I would fully understand if it did get a PSA 6 but the fact it’s so clean apart from that crease, I sort of think it does deserve a little better.

It does make sense it would grade higher with BGS just because of that 4 point system they use.