Troll and Toad shorting buylist by half on graded cards!

This is from a 1st edition PSA 8.5 Shining Tyranitar and 1st edition Light Togetic PSA 9 I sent them for their near mint buylist prices. I didn’t even send in 7s and they want to low-ball me by half!?! On mint cards! I recommend no one sends cards to their buylist at this point. I messaged them for my cards back because of course they didn’t even inform me they have a final order value of $400 on their $850 offer which I gave them a steal as is. I can only imagine what they would list the Tyranitar at $1500? $2000? This company is so greedy!

If you checked the box for automatic approval of final offer, then you might be out of luck. It’s crazy to me some of the cards they rejected from me, and the ones I sent them are better than the ones they send me that are “near mint”

1 Like

There must be something else going on here; maybe there was a clerical error or something? I think it’d be worth reaching out to them first and seeing their response. Because that’s an irregularly large discrepancy – I’ve never had them deduct anywhere near that much from an order.

4 Likes

I feel like it’s been obvious how much of a lowball any company is going to give for your cards. Why are you not doing pwcc or ebay?

1 Like

Yeah. Even if there was some sort of error here, I just can’t comprehend why anyone would send cards of that value to T&T or any company that makes it money in flipping cards. Go to any local card shop and see how much they lowball you. This should be pretty common knowledge by this point. It’s not “greed” like OP said; it’s how these types of companies run their businesses, and no one is forcing you to give your cards to them.

A PSA 9 1st Ed. Light Togetic and a PSA 8 1st Ed. Shining Tyranitar should either be sold as a BIN on eBay or, if you need quick money, auctioned off. Sending anything like this to T&T or any similar company is a pretty poor idea.

1 Like

They have a buylist price on every card. Most cards their offers are far too low. But every now and then their prices are market price or over. For example the light Togetic was very close to market price. Then the shining Tyranitar there was another 8.5 on the market for $850 or something so I figured after fees it’s about the same. But I wasn’t expecting them to try to rape me. I did reach out to them on Instagram. I messaged twice about the case. I didn’t click the autopay button just in case something like this happened. And they didn’t even reach out to tell me how lowball of a offer they were giving me. And my other order is pending payment for exact quoted price. It makes no sense

2 Likes

If you search every set there is definitely examples of their offers being the same as if sold on eBay especially if you factor in fees. That’s the only reason I sent anything. Under no circumstances tho should they offer the same price a PSA 1 would go for

1 Like

A PSA 9 1st Ed. Light Togetic and a PSA 8 1st Ed. Shining Tyranitar should either be sold as a BIN on eBay or, if you need quick money, auctioned off. Sending anything like this to T&T or any similar company is a pretty poor idea.

You’d be surprised – many of T&T’s buylist offers are above recent auctions comps for PSA 8s (and some instances, even above PSA 9s). Their offers on Neo Destiny in particular are very, very high.

1 Like

Its definately less about condition and more about what they have in stock on your shorts. I had sent them 2 psa 8 1st light togetic which they took. So they have at least 2 in their inventory rn and their algorithm isnt great at adjusting automatically

2 Likes

Light Togetic PSa 9 around 200

Tyranitar around 750-800

total after fees would be around 850, OP is right, the original offer was on par with market

2 Likes

A little update. After raging last night and contacting them on every platform. Commenting on their Instagram etc they finally reached out on my Instagram to say it was deducted because it’s a played copy… It’s mint. Anyways it’s being returned to me. If I didn’t blow them up I know for a fact they would have just kept my card and sent me the petty chump change

2 Likes

I think they just say that when they dont want it. They gave said that to me many times on graded stuff too

1 Like

Wow I didn’t think anything PSA 7 or above could be interpreted as played… I wonder how many people they rob like this that don’t fight back. @wisewailmer

They used to take psa 7s no questions asked. Then they told me they moved towards 8s no questions asked. Now i get 8s sent back maybe 50% of the time

1 Like

I agree that this T&T situation is crappy, though im not sure this is a conclusion I’d make; could just be collectors who are particular about condition. Some of us are just persnickety bastards (me) :joy:

Omg I thought that was a pm. Delete button!! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like