Tristan's collection

An interesting thing about this card compared to the glossy one is that its illustrator is Keiji Kinebuchi, but its Ken Sugimori on the glossy one.

At first I thought the Glossy one was the only with Ken Sugimori as illustrator, but I just checked all 10 available version of this card in my collection (below is a picture), and there is one more with Keiji Kinebuchi as illustrator:

• English WotC promo #1: Keiji Kinebuchi
  • English WotC promo #1 1st edition error: Keiji Kinebuchi
  • Portuguese Pikachu World Collection 2000 promo: Ken Sugimori
  • English WotC promo #1 with English LPPCollecting stamp: Keiji Kinebuchi
  • English WotC promo #1 with Italian LPPCollecting stamp: Keiji Kinebuchi
  • English from the Japanese Glossy print, also known as Grey Print Ivy Pikachu: Keiji Kinebuchi
  • Japanese Glossy promo: Ken Sugimori
  • Japanese non-Glossy promo (the one you have now): Keiji Kinebuchi
  • Japanese 281/XY-P promo: Keiji Kinebuchi
  • German WotC Promo #1: Keiji Kinebuchi

TIL: both the Japanese Glossy promo AND Portuguese Ivy Pikachu from the World Collection 2000 set have Ken Sugimori incorrectly as illustrator. Something interesting I thought was worth sharing. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

A package from the US arrived! Sorry for all of you sealed collectors but this one is going to be opened :blush:

SPOILER: Click to show

And also a bunch of pokemon magazines (without the cards, but I already have the cards that come with this anyway so it’s all good!)

2 Likes

These arrived today. The shinings have a bit more edgewear than I would’ve liked but that didn’t show up as well on the photos the seller sent me. Can’t be helped I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, preview of what’s on its way right now from a friend in Japan :blush:

4 Likes

The big box finally arrived after being sent back to Japan for having an addressing error lol. It was worth the wait however. Lots of items in this package. My desk is littered with cards atm lol.

I won’t show everything in detail since it’s just too much. Here are the highlights of the package though:

Starting off with a Team Rocket’s special case. Whew lad, and what a start!

Next up is an opened quick starter gift set with a bunch of theme decks as well. Unfortunately the quick starter gift set isn’t complete but very few cards from the green and red decks were missing so it’s just a matter of sourcing those missing cards. Surprisingly, a lot of shadowless cards were included as well!

Some newer product, had to buy the theme deck as well of course.

Managed to score a sealed pokemon bible for an incredible price. It’s probably going to be opened, but I’m kind of torn on opening it haha. I want to look through it so bad.

Couple of ex cards to fill the gaps in my sets

Nearly completed my web series binder with these cards, only three left to go

Finally bit the bullet and bought a Festa '16 Pikachu, despite the price jump due Unlistedleaf’s video
 Ended up getting a good price for it anyway, but I wish I bought one for 3000 yen lol. Got myself a Festa '17 Pikachu as well, though I need the logo variant still.

Bunch of jumbo promos.

And some very special promo card finds!
I was really happy to finally get a set of the champion road 2000 starter pokemon. They’re in mint condition, and came with lots of extra promos.

A set of JR Pokémon Stamp Rally cards.

A set of Bessatsu CoroCoro Comic grey star promos.

Was missing the playmat Slowpoke and happened to buy it twice, one loose and another one in a lot with other cards I wanted. Interestingly they seem to be different prints, one has darker colors than the other but the lighter one doesn’t look like sunfading to me.

A shining Mew. Already had a couple but this was included in a small lot. No complaints here!

A Toyota campaign Pikachu and a JR Train Rally Pikachu.

The original birthday Pikachu!

A set of Gotta Magazine promos. I am SO glad I found these, and what an incredible deal I got on them as well!

Now for some shiny goodness!
My first ever gold star, never bothered getting gold stars until now lol

Only a couple shinings left to get to complete my binder.

Cool booklet I managed to find for a steal. It’s an unused stamp booklet for the Grand Party 1999-2000 campaign!

Complete (but already opened) neo intro pack! Happy I got this, wanted the unique artworks from this deck for a while now. Ken Sugimori drawings!

This next card needs no introduction

And last but not least: Boobs the card
 x4

8 Likes

Holy shit, what an update!! :face_with_spiral_eyes: Were these all from the same seller?

Sealed products, rare cards, Jumbos, even those Gotta Magazine Glossy promos.

And lol at that last one. :laughing: Nice additions, and nice presentation in your post.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Haha nah not from the same seller, gathered over the course of a couple of months. A good friend of mine lives in Japan so I’m able to stockpile a bunch of items and get him to send it all in one box.

I’m super happy with all of those promos. There was a lot more in the box but I didn’t want to make my post an overkill of photos haha. Only three more 1996-2002 unnumbered promos left to go (not counting trophy cards).

1 Like

Loving the new shining promos, so I bought a set of them. I still need to get shining cards from the shining legends set as well though!

Bought some more cards to fill up my set binders

And the piÚce de résistance of this small but very welcome update:

Got all three fan club promos now :blush:

8 Likes

Amazing stuff there @nullifidian😊 Spoiler tags made me miss your stuff, let it be free !

1 Like

Wow what an amazing collection you have @tristan congrats!
would love to start collecting all the Japanese unnumbered promos.
Whats your future collecting goals?

1 Like

Thank you! I will have to update my thread sometime soon and show far along I am now. Though I can tell you I recently got the last unnumbered promo I needed for a complete collection (again, minus the trophies :stuck_out_tongue: ). My current goal is to complete japanese base to mysterious mountains and I basically need only one crystal card, 3 more shinings, and a couple of commons from e2. After that I’ll just continue to work my way up on the sets until I finish all of those out as well.

Received the last card I needed for a complete unnumbered promos set up until 2002 (minus trophies). Finally found a JR Rally Meowth lol.

Also decided to go and scan all my cards as I promised to do before. So here’s the full unnumbered promos set. :grin:
PS. I know that some of the b&w prints aren’t of the correct version of the card. I haven’t printed the correct ones yet and can’t be bothered lol

10 Likes

Wow, stunning collection! It’s always nice to see some love for the OG Japanese promos. Many of them are on my wants-list, too. May I ask you what you paid for the Dark Fearow GB Promo? There are always a few ungraded copies up on ebay for 70-80$, although nobody seems to actually buy it for that price (which is understandable, because it’s butt ugly
 but well, I need it for the set).

Cheers!

I received it in a bulk lot thankfully haha. I don’t know an exact number for it cause of that, but the bulk lot was inexpensive for what was in it that’s for sure :wink:

1 Like

I’ll be scanning card sets in regularly and today I scanned in the Japanese jumbos that I own. I’m currently missing three jumbo cards of the older jumbos and while I do enjoy them, they’re a pain to store and I probably won’t be collecting any other jumbos apart from the early ones haha.

7 Likes

Beautiful collection!
Are you by chance looking for a ‘New Year Present’? (Not that I have one but rather I myself am looking for one)
I can’t seem to find a reliable listing price.

Yeah I am, but it’s hard to find and prices vary a lot haha. There’s no real consistent pricing for it afaik.

1 Like

New scans, can’t go wrong with Base set :blush:

8 Likes

Love the scans @nullifidian!

1 Like

Got some new stuff in the mail B)

And some non-pokémon stuff B)

8 Likes

Nice collection and cool shirt.

1 Like