TorterraSimp's Torterra-line collection

Hello all!

I’m TorterraSimp and as my name might suggest I like to spend a lot of my discretionary income on a certain Sinnoh region tortoise with the hopes of pursuing a romantic relationship with said tortoise. I always liked Torterra growing up, so when I came back into the hobby in early 2020 I made sure to give my old pal a visit. Truth be told I didnt have many Torterra cards starting out, I opened a Torterra Lv.X tin & a Torterra theme deck when I was little.

Since then I’ve been growing my PSA 10 collection

Adding to my sealed collection

And filling out my torterra-line binder!

(I didnt anticipate the huge white borders when I was making this/printing it out, but it gives me 90s/00s vibes so Im keeping it for now)

I dont feel like taking pics of each individual page so I’ve taken out a few cards that I feel are worth showing off.

Captain Pika jumbo promo

2007 English World’s promo

Italian Pokemon Day Turtwig

Lastly, a sealed jakks figure collection

Thank you for taking the time to look through my collection!

35 Likes

I think a lot of the jumbo promos from that era really fly under the radar! The pirate one is great

3 Likes

They really do! I love how Captain Pikachu incorporates so many pokemon from the DPPt era.

1 Like

Awesome collection! Some really underappreciated artwork here for sure.

1 Like

Thank you! I totally agree, I feel like Captain Pikachu deserves a lot more love

1 Like

New addition to the collection! Thank you @eeveeteam for making this happen!

12 Likes

2nd post like this today! Glad to help out your collection

3 Likes

Love this collection. Torterra has always been a favorite of my mine! Congrats on growing collection. Thats Jakks figure set is bringing me back!

1 Like

Ay, you have great taste my good man. I’ve always preferred Jakks over Tomy, the quality is consistently better imo.

1 Like

Thanks, I see you’re also a Conkeldurr enjoyer along with Torterra. Great taste to you as well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Been awhile since I’ve updated this, but I scooped up all of the english/japanese crown zenith/vstar universe cards as well as the art rare turtwig in Thai, and the holos/nonholos in Indonesia.

I also picked up some sleeves and sample packs!

14 Likes

Great update! And such an amazing collection overall. Especially love the sealed Torterra tin/decks :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you! We growing it bit by bit :turtle::evergreen_tree: I saw your art on insta and it looks sick!

2 Likes

Keep it up! Excited to see what you add to your collection next :smiley: and thank you for checking out my art!

1 Like

@TorterraSimp Beautiful collection!
I love Torterra and have plenty of DP cards :star_struck:

@holahart Just commented on IG, can’t believe I just now discovered your art!!

2 Likes

Thanks boss! DP era cards are gorgeous!

1 Like

Oh wow a Torterra collector, what a cool collection bro!

Is Torterra (Detective Pikachu) the biggest pokemon ever though?

2 Likes

The biggest pokemon ever? I would guess a dynamax pokemon holds that record

Since your question made me curious about the largest Pokémon in general, I tried to search for it. A regular Torterra with ~2.21m doesn’t even come close to the largest, of course. Wailord was the first that came to mind (~14.5m), but Eternatus (20m) is the largest Pokémon without Mega/Dynamax/Gigantamax/Giant/Totem/Titan forms.
Including those forms, Eternamax Eternatus with 100m is still the largest, and Gigantamax Centiskorch with a length of 75m as second.

But considering that ‘a small mountain’ is a lot larger than 100m, the Torterra in the Detective Pikachu movie are indeed the largest Pokémon depictured in the anime/games/TCG/movies combined. :slight_smile: I couldn’t find an estimation for their actual size, but based on this scene I estimate they’re roughly 750-1500m, and therefore without doubt the largest. :person_shrugging:

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Wow, I had no idea! Truth be told I still need to see Detective Pikachu :grimacing:

2 Likes