Topps Oversized/Jumbo Card Collection Guide

Hello everyone,

I’m making this guide because I haven’t been able to find a complete guide with pictures. Hopefully this will be useful to others who are either collectors themselves, or are just interested in the history of the cards. The pictures aren’t perfect because I had to scour the internet to find all of these pictures and there weren’t any HD full scans. Unfortunately I don’t own all of these at this time so I can’t upload full scans myself. Feel free to add your contributions below if you find that I missed anything, or find something that I can improve upon!

If you’re looking for an all-encompassing Topps Collection Guide you can find that here, made by the user samsamsamsmsms.

Origin of the Cards:

All of these Oversized Tin Topper cards were found inside of the Topps tins along with 7 packs which contained the normal Topps cards. You can watch a video of one of these tins being opened here. Each Tin Topper matched the Pokémon pictured on the outside of the tin, meaning there were 5 different tin designs. Each of these tins had an MSRP of $19.99 USD when they were sold which (adjusting for inflation) would be about $31.24 USD in 2020.

Here’s a picture of the box seal if you’re curious about what each of these tins contained:

According to the seal, these cards are referred to as “Bonus Mega-Sized Chrome Cards” but for simplicity I think it’s easier to call them Oversized cards.

Card dimensions:
Width: 3.14in (8cm)
Height: 5.91in (15cm)
These dimensions make it so that PSA submissions should be submitted as Supersized Cards.

TV Animation Edition - Series 1 Tins

Featured Pokemon:

• Pikachu
  • Squirtle
  • Bulbasaur
  • Charmander
  • Meowth
Expand for images

TV Animation Edition - Series 2 Tins

Featured Pokemon:

• Blastoise, Ditto, Pikachu, Diglett, Psyduck, Butterfree, Meowth, Rapidash, Charmander
  • Pikachu
  • Weezing, Meowth, Ekans
  • Pikachu
  • Charizard
Expand for images

TV Animation Edition - Series 1 Oversized Cards

Featured Pokemon:

• Pikachu
  • Squirtle
  • Bulbasaur
  • Charmander
  • Meowth
Expand for images

1 of 5 - #25 Pikachu

2 of 5 - #07 Squirtle

3 of 5 - #01 Bulbasaur

4 of 5 - #04 Charmander

5 of 5 - #52 Meowth

TV Animation Edition - Series 2 Oversized Cards

Featured Pokemon:

• Blastoise, Ditto, Pikachu, Diglett, Psyduck, Butterfree, Meowth, Rapidash, Charmander
  • Pikachu
  • Weezing, Meowth, Ekans
  • Pikachu
  • Charizard
Expand for images

1 of 5 - Blastoise, Ditto (Pikachu), Pikachu, Flying Pikachu, Diglett, Psyduck, Butterfree, Meowth, Rapidash, Charmander, Surfing Pikachu

2 of 5 - Pikachu, Misty, Ash, Brock

3 of 5 - Jessie, James, Koffing, Meowth, Ekans

4 of 5 - Flying Pikachu

5 of 5 - Charizard

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and happy collecting!
:blush:

4 Likes

Nice, thanks fo sharing!

2 Likes

There’s also the promo jumbo topps card set, six cards with regular card art but slightly bigger size than normal cards :blush: apparently there’s also at least one holo version of those jumbos but i haven’t gotten any info of that, those 6 i have if someone wants me to add photo of them

2 Likes

I took my time but here are the photos i mentioned. I don’t have a scanner so i have to use my phone to get photos. Also, i marked the photos as hidden on imgur and since this is my first time posting photos here i would appriciate if someone can tell me if the photos can be seen or if i have to mark them as public on imgur, not sure if i can see it myself.

Anyway here’s a photo of those topps jumbo cards, venonat to compare the size difference which isn’t very big as can be seen.

Here’s the back of the card. Very similar to regular topps cards with the main difference being that rounded promo number 1-6.

Also thought i’d post topps chrome uncut promo sheet pic since it kinda fits in topps jumbo card description :blush: There are sheets for all the chrome holo variants but i only have spectra chrome variant. I’ve seen sparkle chrome variant once, never a tekno chrome on but i have no doubts about it’s existence. These are in my opinion some of the most beautiful pokemon items there is.

I have also one more topps jumbo card arriving (hopefully soon) which i think completes the topps jumbo card list. I’ll post it as soon as i get it.

1 Like

The final card arrived so there’s the one that should complete the jumbo topps card list, a silver foil pikachu with a checklist image on background. Again venonat to compare sizes

2 Likes

@joponnes Oh wow, I never knew about these. These are great, thanks so much for posting info about them!

1 Like