ThunderMoo's collection

A very hard day at work was rewarded by this beauty In the mail! Paid handsomely for the condition it’s in, but I’ve wanted this since I was a kid.

11 Likes

Went on a day trip yesterday to Lake Erie and decided to explore a local shop, pretty astonished when I saw this Latios gold star…and my jaw dropped when the employee said he had two. This was the nicer of them but it’s not that great, not really scuffed up but it does have 3 small creases on one side. But It’s still a gold star Latios found in the wild!

6 Likes

Haven’t updated in awhile so here some recent pickups from a vacation to upstate New York we just got back from. The unit energy and Nidoking will be graded in my next submissions. The base set 2 trainer video/two player starter set is something I’ve never seen before. Found it at a used video game store and its still factory sealed. Being that base set 2 was my OG set and it’s tcg related I couldn’t leave with out it.

Additionally awhile back I nabbed some shadowless cards and square cut holos (see last picture)

3 Likes

Awesome collection my friend - please don’t hesitate to message me if that reverse foil Abra from LC ever wants to be sold :wink:

1 Like

Added a PSA 10 flareon and jolteon to the mix to round out my eeveelutions trio.

I also braved the heat and crazies at the route 127 yard sales going on across the country this weekend and added a stack of non holo rare legendary collection cards for my binder set as well as scored a shadowless impostor oak and my first ever “4th print” card I’ve found, a computer search. All for $1 each!

2 Likes

Found all these locally, as well as pulling the belt from a booster pack. Shooting for the stars on all of them…hoping they all come back from PSA with a 10. Doubtful but the base set cards are unbelievably clean.

I’ve also been trying to nab new secret rares that are a soild 10 candidate, I think for the most part they are the only cards from the english side of Sun and Moon worth sitting on.

2 Likes

Amazing additions to the collection mate :blush:

1 Like

You could say it was a good mail day…

Finally got my babies back. These DCE are one of six from their respective tournaments printed and one of twenty four in total for the first ever pokemon championships in late 2016 and 2017.

Edit - really interesting how PSA abbreviated champion different on the cards. CHP vs CHM

1 Like

Another round of returns came in today. Super happy with the results, every card but one got what I predicted it would grade :blush:

I will not bore you with a long description but I will mention that the reverse pika is the only card from my childhood collection that I deemed in good enough condition to grade. I an super happy to have that card back, encased forever.

See you all at worlds!!!

5 Likes

Great additions and congrats on the Pikachu! :blush: I too have a childhood card at PSA that I’m hoping grades high.

1 Like

Worlds was fun, we hung out for a couple hours and decided to explore Nashville. I ended up snagging some shadowless holos for my binder set from one of the local shops, as well as falling in love with the worlds trophy cards.

4 Likes

Been reevaluating my collection recently and trimming the fat. Time to make room for more heavy hitters like this beauty that showed up today :blush:

5 Likes

Epic card! I hope to own one of these in the future.

1 Like

Congrats on that Nidokinh, them PSA’s are lenient on that centering stuff I see.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s probably 60/40 centering top to bottom. Flawless otherwise, I couldn’t be picky for the price haha

1 Like

Congrats mate saw this on instagram, great cards, so awesome to have any psa 10 1st edition holos in your collection great work. :blush:

1 Like

Haven’t updated this in awhile, and a lot has changed. I’ve sold off a lot of the fluff in my collection (gold stars, LC charizards exc…)

Decided to finally have a set focus and goals, first edition base holos and trophy cards.

Added this beautiful PSA 8 first edition charizard…I really wanted a 9 but for now an 8 will do. Also scooped up a PSA 9 hitmonchan!

And finally I added a third Champion DCE, this time a North American copy. I only need Oceania to have a complete set. Kind of excited to say I own 1/8th of the total population of these cards haha.

8 Likes

Good goals!

1 Like

Love those double colourless energies!

1 Like

Took advantage of some good opportunities this month as well as received two PSA returns via ludkins!

5 Likes