Thick vs Thin

just checked my 17 base set 1st ed holos, 12 are thick, 5 are thin, pretty cool, never thought to check that out.

I never realized the 1 inside the circle was different. I always assumed the first one you show in your pic was the ā€œthickā€ one because the font looks thicker/darker lolā€¦ always good to learn something new :blush:

I first thought that too since the stamp looked bold :rofl:

1 Like

That looks like an aftermarket stamp for a couple reasons but I couldnā€™t be sure without seeing a clear picture:(

1 Like

blarh, I remember this confused me when I first started collectingā€¦ why does the thin print have thicker edition stamp writing, and why does the thick print have thinner edition writingā€¦ grrrrr

yeah, and I think Iā€™ve seen some thin commons etc around.

would be weird if it was, got about 500 base set 1st ed from the same seller in 2011, and only a few have the different looking stamp, they look legit to me

anyway, just took a pic of two of my voltorbs, can see the stamps pretty clear

s1255.photobucket.com/user/acebren/media/IMGA0949_zpstd5bnbld.jpg.html

to me it looks just like the two examples of thin stamps on commons and uncommons that weā€™ve seen

here are two pictures of a rattata ive got

i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh640/acebren/IMGA0950_zps2tygfe4x.jpg

i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh640/acebren/IMGA0951_zpsccapaewv.jpg

all opinions are appreciated,

I think these pictures show that these cards are real thin stamps

and here is a dodgy paint job (lol) done to compare my rattata to the full heal that is verified to be a thin

i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh640/acebren/IMGA0950_zpspjkbi4gj.jpg

yeah confused me also, but iā€™ve found the meaning of thick is a bigger ā€œ1ā€, and thin means the ā€œ1ā€ is smaller,

so its referring to the ā€œ1ā€, not the stamp itself