The Trend is Your Friend

I created this simple spreadsheet to see what PSA 10 holo sets are in a decline and whats still going up in value. The data was sourced from www.pokemonprice.com. Obviously some data points are missing but a missing sale or two shouldn’t skew the data significantly.

Where one or two cards were missing all together in a set I noted it down.

Some sets barely register sales (Unlimited Gym Heroes and Challenge) and the data is incorrect.

To me it looks like the potential growth is in the neo sets and the poor performers were the reprinted sets and Team Rocket to Gym Challenge.

Let me know if anything is wrong or some changes should occur - I’m open to suggestions.

2 Likes

What’s the date range?

3 Likes

The problem is you use peak prices which some are from like 3 months ago and others over a year ago. It would be better at least seeing what’s up YOY.

Sets like Shadowless are down wayyy more than 2%, but your data is recent and not really accurate too. I don’t know how you get anywhere close to $35k for a holo set.

Base 1st is also down a lot, but it’s probably even with Zard increasing $15k+ from a year ago.

Data is directly taken from here: www.pokemonprice.com/TotalSetPrices

Looks like its from September 2016 to now, however many sets are missing multiple cards until October 2017.

I agree certain sets are masked by Charizards setting new high prices - I may make notes for those.

I’ll also may prepare a YOY trend chart; would be nice to see it over time.