The Transformer by Fireking Review!

Hey guys!
So, I’ve made a post previously talking about the transformer by fireking, but I really didn’t do a review on it. So, I dusted off my YouTube channel and made a little video review talking about it!

The video itself is pretty generalized, and I do tend to ramble. But it touches on a lot a points I think are of interest to the community, not just ours, but graded collectors in general.

I wanted to open this thread to see if I could collect more data involving the fireproofing topic.

• What is an acceptable price point for fire proofing for you? (any number is acceptable here!)- What volume container might you need to help fire proof your collection? Not sure what size is right? How many slabs do you need to protect then? Or booster boxes, or whatever you find that needs protecting.
  • What level of security do you need from a fire proof container? Pad lockable? Key lock? Digital lock, mechanical? Do you even need a high level of security at all?

And that’s it guys, hope you enjoy the video review, and any feed back you can send my way I would much appreciate it!

10 Likes

Very nice informative video. Your commentation was fine. Well done.
Excellent solution for that size collection.

Great video, are they water proof? Might have to have a chat with you later down the road.

So they are not rated as water proof (perhaps the container you put it in is?) However I think this could be very easily water proofed with a little rubberized coating around the edges like flexseal or something similar.

I actually kind of want to take a hose to one of these bad boys now and just see how it does. Submersion testing, also a thing. Maybe another video for another day?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Gary, always appreciated.

Still looking into options for you big inventory guys, don’t worry you’re not forgotten!

If and when I build a house in the upcoming years there will certainly be a fireproof closet/storage room included in the build. This would be IMO the very best method for big inventory guys. A fireproofed room with a would be extremely affordable and easy to put into new construction. Given the space and a bit more screwing around and added cost this could even be retrofitted into current houses as well. Most firesafes simply use a few layers of type x fireproof wallboard/drywall/sheetrock whatever you want to call it. Overlap and fire caulk the seams and maybe even add a couple layers of fine steel mesh for added burglary protection. Fire rated steel door or a vault door. Next level you could even install a residential sprinkler system into that room as well just ensure everything is stored in waterproof containers which wouldn’t be a bad idea anyways.

Apart from that though instead of fireproof gun safes there are options for fireproof storage cabinets that would hold literally thousands of PSA cards in the carboard BCW shoe boxes.

At $3.6k it ain’t cheap but many on this forum have single cards exceeding that amount and that is just one quick option I found and I am sure there are many more and cheaper options out there too.

When you build your dream home let me know I would love to see a personal vault!

Be wary of the fireproof storage cabinets, there only a UL class 350 (well past PSA slab melting point).

1 Like