The Shift Squad - New Member June 8!

this is good advice. If you see a shift on a card you particularly like I’d recommend just going for it.

These errors are particularly fun IMO because each card is unique and the error is pretty dramatic/visually interesting - similar to miscuts but even more so bc it’s holo-related. Plus they seem to be pretty dang rare.

I prefer that to errors where each card is the same (stage error Blastoise) or unique errors where the error is really minor (ink dots or crimps).

I only have one holo shift and I don’t expect to have the opportunity to get another but if I had the chance to get a Neo Discovery Tar I would pull out the stops

5 Likes

I’ve been looking to buy a Dragonite Fossil holo shift… haven’t found one for sale.

Heres two diff ones for you and the link.

4 Likes

Oops, I should have been more clear. I was hoping to find one for sale :face_holding_back_tears:.

1 Like

No worries hope one pops up for you.

1 Like

I think I’m going to need a lot of luck. It’s in my 5-year goals bin. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Whack it on a buy thread if you havent already it cant hurt.

1 Like

I’ve only ever seen photos of them in this thread.

If these are the only holo shifts you’ve ever seen, boy do I have a post for you… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh boy another rabbit hole to dive into. Love this stuff thanks.

2 Likes

Freshly crossed to match the rest of my shifts :blush:

12 Likes

Ampharos has been graded!

15 Likes

FAMILY PHOTO!

20 Likes

Is there a disproportionate number of Chanseys or are you just paying top dollar every time they show up?

3 Likes

Combination of the latter + I don’t bother buying duplicates of non-Chansey ones I have when I see them available even if the shift size is different.

3 Likes

A bittersweet announcement…
Mewtwo was sacrificed to help fund a recent purchase of Creatures Deck Sneasel.

Mewtwo, thank you for your service while in the Shift Squad, and enjoy your new home.

I may do another sacrifice as I would still like to get Rocket’s Zapdos and Mew ex Creatures 25th.

11 Likes

Obligatory “nice” :sunglasses:

I wish I had that kind of money so that you could sacrifice them to me :joy:

I can’t help but ask, I hope you don’t mind:

What did the Mewtwo sell for?
What did the Sneasel cost?

$2750
$3500

I think I could’ve gotten a bit more for Mewtwo but I was happy to sell it to a fellow shift collector.

5 Likes

That helps a lot, thank you. I’ve had no idea what to make of these cards because the only Creatures Deck cards you see listed on eBay are like $100,000 a card. O.o

Beautiful stuff, congrats on the acquisition. Perhaps someday Mewtwo will return to you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes