The Content Creator Megathread

Please discuss differences between grading companies in the appropriate thread!

1 Like

I’ve been watching Good Mythical Morning for about 7 years now so I was intrigued when I saw this episode:

For those who don’t watch the show or aren’t familiar with Rhett’s “Rhants”, he has these almost satirical rants regarding some loose viewpoints that aren’t meant to be taken too seriously.

1 Like

I guess if they are right, I’ll finally be able to expand my collection :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

A lot of content creators are hyping cgc. A dozen of them are like flies on poop. I believe that even though CGC is a bit sucky, they could, in time, get better. They may even finally get rid of that God awful label. Their problem is other company’s are coming up, some AI, who will leave them in the dust while they keep pushing the “billboard blue” label. I’ve been holding off on doing a video about this, mainly because of Charlie’s involvement with them, but if I find the time I will (yes, it’ll include my suv tire test;)

Flies on poop lol.

All things considered, I think it’s impressive what CGC has done in such short time. I honestly think CGC is trying to shoot for #2 and knock off BGS. They basically copied their model with much better tech & comms.

I agree, what are they thinking?

A BLUE LABEL?

Get your act together CGC

2 Likes

As a new collector, is PSA still the gold standard to try and collect for now?

PSA is the gold standard if youre looking for value. Overall you get the most value if you grade with PSA. If your’re just collecting for yourself, then grade with whichever service you like the most.

2 Likes

Only a 15 second clip from where I timestamped. I listen to a lot of YouTube content in the background while I work and this Q&A reply by TwiceBakedJake made be audibly laugh out loud.

6 Likes

You don’t often see people add questions like this in a Q&A but he answered it like a champ lol.

3 Likes

Someone trying to get a revolution against the KING!

3 Likes

Man, it is kind of hard to put into words how disgusting and infuriating what Caribou is doing here is to me. She seems to think that she’s the moral arbiter of the Pokemon community. Sure, are a couple of things that Gary has done a bit cringey? Won’t deny that. But to claim he’s hurting Pokemon? Doesn’t care about kids and players is just so far detached from reality.

People forget those hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of charity donations and years of work to build up the hobby when they don’t fit your narrative of finding the “bad” people in Pokemon.

31 Likes

Imagine singling out someone who’s done a plethora of things for this hobby, including but not limited to what’s he done for charities, all for click bait, clout chasing and monetary gain. This is the type of shite we don’t need in this hobby.

10 Likes

Both are enjoying the attention hahaha

This was the funniest thing she tweeted

Gary said nothing even remotely offensive in that video lol. Does she really think Arita cares that some people don’t want his signature on cards? I’m sure that Arita could not give two shits lol.

Not to mention that the view Gary expressed in that video is shared by tons of people (myself included). There’s nothing wrong with not liking signatures; it’s not disrespectful to the artist in the slightest – it’s just a personal collecting preference.

10 Likes

I’m not versed on this whole situation and actually couldn’t care less about the drama, but this is laughable lol.

2 Likes

When people say “you collect pokemon cards, sounds immature”, this is why they are correct.

21 Likes

It’s just another form of clout chasing just like you see in a ton of other industries. Take hiphop for example. One rapper might gain exposure and a larger audience by contacting bigger names and getting a feature into their track. Then you have that one annoying rapper that can’t get anyone’s attention so they just throw out a ton of diss tracks and try to create drama. Their small audience loves them for it, and they’ll pick up some exposure along the way, but at what cost? Bou is a Machine Gun Kelly hoping and praying Eminem will give them a response so she can get some shine. Her audience could be looked at as “the new generation” or as a bunch of halfwit clowns. In reality its probably a little of both. No one wins in these silly battles, it’s just embarrassing to the community as a whole.

8 Likes

To advocate for what I believe is generally true about the artists - it could be offensive if things like “his signature means nothing” are said, even without context, and I can see how it’s not a good look. Autographs are sentimental to the artists and it does hurt them when they’re tied to money. However, it is everyone’s right to do with their cards what they wish, and the artists do understand that some will pass hands, though they’d prefer that the person they’re handing their autograph to is the end recipient.

With that said, those tweets are immature and embarrassing. Her viewpoints and content seem to be strictly “you’re wrong if you aren’t enjoying Pokemon the way I do.” We all benefit from the notoriety that larger figures bring the hobby, both on the player’s side and collector’s side. We want the community to grow, but some don’t want the value of the hobby to grow with it, which is naive. They’re biting the hands that feed us all.

Let people do what they want with their cards. It’s okay to enjoy the hobby differently than someone else.

3 Likes

The statement I made was on a business channel and I stated the value of that rare of a card didn’t benefit from an auto on the case. Some would think it takes away from the visual appeal. I never removed it cause I was conflicted on whether to or not.

7 Likes