That 'swirl' on Galaxy Holo cards

So I’ve seen a few folks saying that its hard to come by Galaxy Holographic with the ‘swirl’.

I’m curious as to what’s the significance of these swirls? Is there any effects to the card (price wise)?

Here are some of what I have:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B8AJcSrLPSn6N2ZlbVQ2NzRBRHc

I don’t think it’s hard to come by. Pretty common from what I’ve seen. I wouldn’t pay extra for a swirl but they are nifty.

The “swirl” is just a part of the pattern of the foil sheet cards get printed on, so in terms of rarity its only as rare as how often cards end up being printed with the swirl being exposed in the holo part of the picture. While aesthetically more pleasing, I don’t think most people would go out of their way to look for it or pay extra for one… although I know of at least one personal friend who cares enough to do so.

I go out of my way to find that little holographic galaxy all the time. It makes a card look so much more awesome in my opinion.

1 Like

so do i :blush:
every card i get i just have to check haha.

Ah I see. I just received this Chansey from CP6 and it has a beautiful clear swril on the bottom right. (I’m planning to keep this one)

The Team Rocket set has some nice swirls :blush: (and base 2 as well) Always a nice touch. Dark Machamp or Dark Dragonite with a well placed swirl really adds to the appeal of the card.

1 Like

I just acquired this Typhlosion 17/111, this is the only card I can remember ever seeing with two swirls right next to each other. Pretty cool in my opinion.

16 Likes

That is beautiful. Looks like he just dashed to the right and left a wind trail.

1 Like

@miraclegro
Well hello there twin! :wink:

11 Likes

Were the holo foil sheets consistent across a print run? Would be cool to see a full sheet of it to determine how common it would have been to see the swirl.