Thanks FedEx!

Snagged an absolute Gem 1st edition Lugia the other day. Centered great, not a single scratch, no silvering, not a spec of white on the back.

Sorry for the Garbage picture…

Arrived today in a bubble mailer INSIDE a box. Box was nice and dinged up with crushing all around.

Pulled the card out and this is what I get :sob: :sob: (hard to tell, but its creased/bent across that area)

Not sure if I should direct my anger at the seller for just placing it in a toploader in the padded envelop and letting it move all around or fedex for taking zero care with the box.

Oh well, RIP a perfect 1st edition Lugia, It totally would have not graded a 10 because of centering top to bottom, right guys? RIGHT? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

:slightly_frowning_face: I am sorry for your loss. Usually I am really glad to receive cards in boxes cause they tend to be a lot more resistant to damage during transit than simple envelopes, but this just goes to show that anything’s possible.

1 Like

Usually packages like that have insurance, you should be able to make a claim with FedEx and AT LEAST be reimbursed your purchase price from them.

That really sucks man, I’m sorry :sob:

Oh I am not worried about the money, i’m sure I will be fine. But finding a minty raw card like that can be hard, was really looking forward to getting it graded and adding it in my collection!

4 Likes

Oh man, this is horrible. That’s probably one of my favourite cards. I’ll be thinking of you throughout the evening :sob::sob::sob:

Wow that Box is really really messed up.

1 Like

It looks like there is a horizontal print line through the holo so it may not have actually graded a 10. Still sucks though, could you get the sender to claim the value back and refund you a bit?

1 Like

Yeah, he already put in a claim & i’ve been refunded. Print line would most likely drop it to a 9, oh well.

Are you saying the card came out of the top loader?

Nope, but it was in a rather large flat rate bubble mailer freely floating, it was still in the toploader when I pulled it out. A few layers of bubble wrap MIGHT have saved it, but the box was crushed in 2 or 3 places. I really don’t blame the seller, I would expect a card in a toploader, in a bubble mailer & box to be safe from that, it was FedEx’s negligence.

1 Like

this sucks donkey balls. thats why I put cards into the psa sleeve qwith thick cardboard, then into bubble mailer… then wrap the buble mailer in bubble wrap and then put it in the box … LUGIA

Contact FedEx, get your money back. Then lay lugia to rest in a hole in your backyard. Sorry for your loss

Right. I agree. The seller was spot on. Unusual to see such incompetence at fed ex,

That box looks like it was used as a Football.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk

5 Likes