Team Up Charizard Prerelease Card!

The official release date is February 1st, but some Pre release events might be a little bit earlier.

1 Like

So far, the price has been holding at $250-300.

This seems strong. We still have a wave of prereleases to be completed, but it’s fair to say this has, in some ways, outperformed expectations.

Recall that Evolutions started at a $150-200 price tag and took a couple months to climb to $300-400, where it stuck.

Too early to say it won’t hold or won’t dip, but as a post-release evaluation, the strength is noteworthy.

3 Likes

That price obviously came from the Evolutions Staff Charizard. I’m sure the sellers valued this card according to how much the first Staff Zard is valued at now. Simply type Staff Charizard on eBay and you notice a median.

I myself value this card at half what the first one costs. Simply because it’s not the first Staff Charizard.

1 Like

There’s a decently low quantity of these, they’re playable, great artwork, it’s charizard AND there’s a stamp. It’s the first “new” artwork for a staff promo for charizard as well.

I’m excited to see how these grade.

By the looks of the ones opened and listed I’d say that PSA 10s are going to be few and far between. But obviously people with multiple are going to keep and grade the better ones and sell the lesser especially since people are dishing out $400+ for what would be lucky to be PSA 8s. If centering is off or anything on front I’m keeping mine sealed for sure

It’s decent artwork for the charizard. I think it’ll do well.

I’ve always liked Zapdos I wonder how that staff version will do…

1 Like

It will probably be similar in price to the other Staff promos from previous sets.

Because everyone is hyper-aware of the Staff Zard the other promos will probably show up on ebay and other marketplaces more frequently than past promos.

It will probably end up a $15-20 card like the rest.

1 Like

Good to know. I haven’t looked closely enough to see. I’m thinking a psa 10 will be 1500 ish.

The card looks great, but I can’t see it ending anywhere near the Evolutions staff Charizard.

The modern market has so many eyes on it and so many buyers involved now. Unless the release is truly allocated and the card is genuinely rare, it will start high and drop/stagnate over time.

I’ll be taking my time in purchasing this.

5 Likes

Here’s a question for those who have graded staff cards… have you noticed them taking into account the condition/look of the stamp? Say everything is perfect with the card but the stamp has a piece of the letter missing… would they dock the card for that? Thanks

I wouldn’t want it unless it was 1/2 price.

Thanks for the reply! I’ll play the monkey see - monkey do thing here then lol

A lot of these cards have terrible centering! At least from the handful I’ve seen on eBay

Went to the a prerelease near me today pulled the alternate art Gengar and Mimiku :heart_eyes:

imgur.com/a/l3h3z73

No staff zards to be seen but pretty happy with everything

1 Like

I Went on a adventure today. I drove 2 hours to a prerelease in Des Moines today and I picked up 2 staff zards :blush: love this card.

2 Likes

Lucky, the staff at my stores holding prerelease events act as if it’ll be the end of the world to sell their staff cards. So annoying.

2 Likes

Up until the end of last year the generation’s UC charizard was legal and it was a very playable card.

Won two league cups with a deck built around it…

I apologize if I am going to sound like a bit of a jerk here for a sec, but where did you win a league cup with Generations Charizard? A win with a deck like that would absolutely be posted on heyfonte/pokestats if it won a masters cup somewhere. I could maybe see it winning a seniors/junior cup somewhere with 1 to 8 player attendances, which in that case congrats with that performance, but respectfully that didn’t make it even a fringe deck

Playable imo is a big stretch for the Generations Charizard, that never saw any competitive play anywhere AFAIK.

This Zard has some competitive potential, but I am not sure atm that it will be able to be a meta deck, but still its definitely seen more potential/hype than any Zard as a potential archetype I can think of since I have been playing. There have been a couple Charizards that have seen fringe/tech play in the past, including Charizard EX and Charizard GX, but too fringe to make a difference on price. Its had very minor fringe results in Japan atm, but it just loses hard vs. a variety of decks including any one prize based deck.

2 Likes

I’d be shocked to learn that the Generations Charizard won something as well. That’s incredible.

Team Up Charizard has already won events in Japan! It may be due to how popular Celebi & Venusaur GX were though.

After watching smpratte video, I realized I didn’t really buy this card for the artwork lol… I just got excited because it was a staff Charizard and I missed out on the evolutions staff Charizard. It was still fun to make a 4 hour journey to get a couple Pokémon cards though, definitely my longest Pokémon adventure yet!

I’m glad I have them, but I also hope I don’t get burned on these… modern Pokémon is foreign territory to me lol.

1 Like