Team rocket 1st edition Psa 9?? Shall I?

Hi everyone, with recently getting into collecting in the past month I am wondering whether it’s worth collecting team rocket holo’s and mostly in psa 9 if I do? I know there is no definitive answer but do you think in the next 3-5 years these could increase much? Or whether I should take my time and try get some psa 10’s in there as well? I think these for my price range per month and the way the cards look just appeal to me might be a good place to start. Any suggestions or advice would be greatful.

2 Likes

Currently you can get really good deals on these cards. A lot of people will tell you they think the set is underrated. Maybe complete a 9 set or get some of your favorites in 10. The 9’s are so cheap I think it would be a great value buy. If you’re interested in keeping them long term I have a complete 9 set listed. Just a thought. You can probably put one together on your own for much cheaper though. Just have to hunt for them.

1 Like

Plus, this set may finally be getting some attention now that it’s featured in the latest Sports Market Report (SMR).

Great point.

yeah i have been checking prices all night whilst im supposed to be working :stuck_out_tongue: and i came to the conclusion that these cards are WOTC and decent priced for psa 9 plus after reading the smr i agreed for it being the first of a kind i.e team rocket and dark pokemon my view was that this is a safe investment/collection. as safe as any investment can be anyway.

i think i will pick up the more expensive ones sooner than later before there is too much attention around them and i miss out on some decent prices.
thanks

another quick question as im new to buying Psa cards and never used ebay to buy from outside the UK. would i have to pay any fees say if i was buying 1 or 2 Psa graded cards with a value less than £60 ish? im looking to buy a couple of cards from the U.S trying to save a bit of money and dont want to end up paying any fees which would in turn make me lose out on the saving.

You gotta check your country’s customs laws. Should be pretty easy to find:)

Pretty sure the UK’s limit is 15 pounds.

European customs are the bad part, but maybe you can find a seller that is willing to help you out :blush:

I would go for the Rocket! I just don’t because base, fossil and jungle are already too much :sob: eheheh

2 Likes

Customs info for UK:

www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

1 Like

Hell, If you can afford PSA 10s try that first. They are priced really well in comparison to other sets. This set also includes, Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite plus you still have your secret rare Raichu and your W-stamp Arbok and Prerelease Gyarados. My advice is to try psa 10 first. I know everyone has a budget but they are priced really well now. :blush: Good luck and don’t forget to keep us updated with your collection by starting your Collection Thread. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone appreciate all the help on here guys. Plus I have finally started, I dipped my toes in and bought my first psa 9 dark weezing for a decent price. Plus I have taken advice onboard and will collect psa 10 in my favourite cars from the set or if they are really well priced.
I will start my collection thread once it arrives and hopefully grow my collection with you guys.

4 Likes

Awesome! Begin with the big guns of the set, don’t let those for last!

Can’t wait to see :grin:

Thanks, I will pick the main 3 up asap.

1 Like

Wow Iv only been watching for the last couple weeks but since smpratte’s article it seems some of the cards have shot up in price. Not sure if its where I haven’t really been looking for long tho and haven’t got the true trend.

That’s why I originally suggested you jumped on the 10’s you could afford. These trends aren’t new to the hobby. There was the Pokémon Go one (which obviously was all around the hobby) and the base set one. Regardless, you won’t be losing money. If you regret a purchase in regards to Team Rocket, It is still a very popular set and the prices are still super affordable in comparison to what people in the hobby are willing to pay.

Yeah they are still affordable and I thought exactly the same as the article said that this set will grow in popularity for collectors. I have already increased my goal. I think I will try and collect all dark Pokemon holos once I have picked up the team rocket set. I should have a couple of packages arriving tomorrow :grinning:

1 Like

After this conversation my PSA 9 set sold on eBay. It sat for many months too. Kind of a sign.
:wink:

1 Like