Swirl Stories Post Your Wonderful Swirl With a Story!

Swirl Stories
Thank you as well to @kingboo64 and @smokemon for the help with formatting and ideas for this thread.

Hello everyone! I hope that through this thread, I can show that swirls don’t have to be a pretentious part of the hobby, but one that can be explored with a fun atmosphere! I hope to enjoy making stories and showing off interesting or funny swirls.

**Of course, there already exists a thread for swirls, so you may ask why have this one?**Well, I feel the previous God Tier Swirls thread didn’t have a strong direction. It was more opinion based. As a result of that lack of direction, some people may have felt frustrated when their swirl wasn’t appreciated. To fix that problem, there will be some criterion to help make a more accepting atmosphere.

You must make a title for the art and explain in your post how the swirl is interacting with the art and/or Pokémon. Or, my favorite, make a story out of the swirl. (all aspects demonstrated below)
If I am allowed, I will moderate this post, and if guidelines aren’t followed, I will ask people to do what is requested.

This is the only true criterion. This way, the person posting must put some thought into what it is they are posting. If the swirl has no connection to the Pokémon or art, then it is likely a swirl that should be posted into the previous “God Tier Swirls” thread.

BE NICE! DON'T TURN THIS INTO AN ANGRY "THAT ISN'T GOD TIER!" THREAD, PLEASE. THE OTHER THREAD HAS HAD ENOUGH OF THAT ALREADY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE A POST, IGNORE IT AND COME BACK LATER.  

THAT BEING SAID, DON’T JUST SLAP ANY OLD PHOTO ON HERE. PUT IN A LITTLE EFFORT, PLEASE!

I have found three overarching categories for the swirls to fit into. They are as follows:

1. Pokémon Interactions
  2. Nature Interactions
  3. Stories (I think the most fun)

Pokémon Interactions
There were so many other photos I wanted to include among the examples.
[Eventual link for all “Pokémon interactions” Imgur Folder]

Nature Interations
[Eventual link for all “Nature Interactions” Imgur Folder]

Story
[Eventual Link for all “Story” Imgur Folder]

This haunter is just about to depart from it’s most recent victim’s dream. It has opened a portal to leave and is looking at the camera(victim) reaching out to signify it’s return.

Close, but no cigar (IMO)
[maybe a link for all “close, but no cigar”] not decided if I will do this for everyone’s, but I will post my own ones here anyways.

The placement of the swirl looks ideal, but the Pokémon doesn’t appear to be interacting in any way with the swirl. This Togetic just kinda always has a blank stare. I personally can’t think of a story to make it interesting. HOWEVER, if you can make it fun, then maybe it can be a good swirl! Write a story for it and now that story is attached to your card and it becomes much more memorable.

When poking through my cards, I’ve seen many other examples where something is just ever so slightly off, but it is enough to take away from the believability.I had a card where the Pokémon was jumping towards the camera, and the swirl was only a couple millimeters away from the spot the Pokémon came from, but due to the angling, the whole thing was lost to me.

If you think you can add to someone else’s story to make it more fun and interesting, by all means make something cool with it. Comment with your own story for someone’s card.

I look forward to the creativity here!

10 Likes