Super Clearance - US GamesStop.com in store and online

Yea if you add all items on sale and max out numbers it’s over $400. I only bought a few items for the kids to open. Seeing how much of this was produced and on the market so cheap I couldn’t justify buying or holding on to any of it.

It’s a similar situation here in Finland. Sealed product is getting more and more expensive both in stores and online each year. While people from the US say TCG product has never been cheaper, here it’s completely opposite. I would like to understand why is that.

I know this GameStop deal is a special occasion, but even in general product is so much cheaper in the US than here.

3 Likes

We really need a general “Pokemon TCG Deals” thread because I keep finding deals to post but don’t know the best place to do it…

www.walmart.com/ip/Pokemon-TCG-Both-Sun-and-Moon-Ultra-Prism-Necrozma-Elite-Trainers-Dusk-Mane-Dawn-Wings/324731379#read-more

Both of the upcoming Ultra Prism Elite Trainer Boxes for $44.17 - about $22 a box/almost half off MSRP.

2 Likes

We’ve mostly been sharing eBay bucks deals here but when I created the thread I had the intent for it to be the go to spot for can’t miss deals. These Gamestop deals have far surpassed anything I could have ever imagined. They are like 50% or more less than I can buy from my distributor on many of the items. Truly a crazy time we are living in for new TCG product. Those posted ETB’s are about wholesale price. Good for people paying retail, but not out of the ordinary for the general insanely low prices of this year.

1 Like

They lowered prices on quite a bit more product today, I am going back to my local gamestop it looks like.
The 3 I noticed right away were the bewear box is now 6 dollars, the tapu koko pin collection is 3, and the legacy evolution box is 6 dollars. there may be more.

This sale is so crazy I woke up to a text from my brother showing me his receipt.

My theory on the insane price dump: Considering brick and motor stores have the highest prices on product, if you average these sales with their average annual sales, it will most likely still be higher than most-all ebay sellers. These are obviously a loss, but when you sell 11 months out of the year above everyone else, the average price per item is still well in the black.

1 Like

The prices wouldn’t be as exciting but the extra 50% off they applied to all clearance items is what really makes the deal.

Not to mention most the stores fail at labeling the items so most of them, though on clearance for months, have shown that inflated retail price.

A small note to those looking to buy some more items now that online is sold out. You can reserve items for store pickup. They won’t always have the item(s) in stock but if they do they will set them aside for you so you can still shop at home and just run to the store to make your pickup.

Now S&M Guardians rising etbs are 12 dollars too.

Kinda gross seeing how cheap new cards are in the USA compared to elsewhere.

4 Likes

I’ve never been that guy, but today I cleaned out a GameStop. I don’t know what happened, something just took over me.

Help…

3 Likes

So, how big is the print run of the Ash’s Pikachu 3-packs? Is everyone getting them with their buys? This sale is gonna drop those prices, right?

Boooooooo damn you Americans :slightly_frowning_face:

If this ever happens to Shining Legends, I won’t be able to control myself.

1 Like

It definitely is damaging to the new TCG cards/products, I think that deserves a thread all on its own.

These prices are crazy low, best discount I have ever seen in Australia was 40% just once :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

and that only happens once a year if we’re lucky lol.

1 Like

Buying cards in Australia was really expensive from what I remember! I went to a large mall when I was there, and a chain store for books and cards (the ones you send to people) had Salamence and garchomp mega boxes for $100+ and another place I think it was $120 AUS

Meanwhile i don’t even consider buying most new product until below half US retail price

I just bought a bunch of things from gamestop and best buy (price matching). I was going to go and clean out all the gamestops and places that price match but decided not to, here are the stores I found that price match, but am not sure if they all carry the stuff that gamestop has on clearance.

bed bath and beyond
best buy
dick’s sporting goods
jcpenny
kohl’s
michaels
sears
staples
target
toy’s r us
kmart

Edit: here is what I bought imgur.com/a/bmcr9

as usual australia sucks ours are still 7 bucks :nerd_face:
anyone able to go and buy meh tingz?

Those prices are just insane, all hail the USA … damn u Europe, catch up!