strong PSA 9 shadowless charizard

I looked at the video again and again. About 12 seconds in when you pan from right to left you can see some wrinkles in the foil near Charizard’s mouth. That surface imperfections might be the reason it got a PSA 9.

I think i can spot what your talking about in person when looking at the card the surface seems to be the weakest subgrade but was no means weak either im expecting a 9 on the surface and a 9.5 of the other three subgrades, I can see that the surface would of been the problem with psa not grading the card a 10 considering they seem to be extra harsh on charizards but when looking at the card any surface damage is very minor even when comparing it to other psa 10 shadowless cards i have, and in my opinion didnt really effect the eye appeal on the card so i hope that it will at least be a weak 9.5

ive owned a fair few stronger psa 9 zards in my time and ive never seen one overall as clean looking so i think its a sold candidate to beckett

Wait so it has noticeable flaws? And you’re talking about selling it with a premium since you don’t like the grade it got?

Stop grade shopping

what? when i say noticble flaws it has a minor surface printline in which i can see under intense light that is all i have seen of it in person, lol a printline does not straight away take it for being a strong psa 9 to a weak one considering the condtion of the rest of the card its alot better than every psa 9 zard i can see on ebay and im not grade fishing ive sent it offto beckett for grading i dont know why people have to be a noob for? and try to debunk my thread

A noob… If there is wrinkles in the holo and the back is off centered it is not a PSA 10. It is at best the grade they gave it. Sending it to BGS because you know they will give it a BGS 9.5 is fine but you’re doing the most by thinking you’re going to upgrade the original grade to a 10 by crossing the BGS 9.5 and that is definitely fishing for grades. There’s nothing to debunk.

im not going to cross the bgs 9.5 though im happy with the card being at bgs 9.5 with a lower surface grade

at the start i made the thread for peoples opinions on what to do and through the replies i looked to see if i could find anything wrong to why it got a grade 9 and i noticed the surface maybe the reason so with that I was happy leaving it as a bgs 9.5

i think there was just a little confusion is all i can confrim that crossing back to psa is not on my to do list :grin:

Oh ok I apologize I thought you had said you were getting it in a BGS 9.5 and then we’re going to attempt crossing it to a PSA 10.

thats ok no problem!! :blush: sorry for being a little sensitive of my behalf :grin:

1 Like

Yea hope it works out for ya

1 Like

Let us know the results, either good or bad. How much was the 2 day turnaround time?

What’s the result?

3 Likes

It didnt cross :confused: but either way im happy I ended up finding a buyer and sold it for $2500 which im very happy considering the market value for 9s at the moment and it helped to cover some of the grading fees so thats a result! also I brought a PSA 10 shadolwess blastoise, so im over the moon about that :grin:

1 Like

@dalewilliamson, they normally indicate why they weren’t upgrading. What was the damage you missed?

They didnt actually say which quite annoyed me really, Thought they could of at least pointed out to me where it fell short :confused:

@garyis2000 , Didn’t you send a first edition base set blastoise in for a regrade and they gave a silly reason claiming centering despite it being within parameters? I think sometimes they might not grade up just because it would be time consuming. Sometimes PSA just gets it wrong though. You saw my returns recently, I got a PSA 10 on my WotC stamp dark charmeleon. I cracked that one as a PSA 8 because it had zero damage and some junk stuck under the case (Not from me). It was obviously wrong and even Ludkins thought is was at least a 9. It’s not common, but they get it wrong sometimes I think or it’s so close that it can go either way. That’s why so many people use the words “strong” and “weak”.

Edit: I don’t like that I cracked the case, but I hated more that it was graded poorly and with debris locked in somehow!

@joer,
Yes, they pointed to the centering as to why they didn’t upgrade. That’s why I asked the op.

1 Like