Storing booster packs

Hello. Does anyone have any best practices and recommendations for storing booster packs? I’d like to keep them pristine as possible.

2 Likes

I keep mine in those PSA sleeves and a small walmart fireproof safe. But I’m also interested to know the proper way to do so.

What I can tell you, is NOT to let the back flap of a pack rest on top of the front of another pack. Inevitably, you will get a mark on the front foil.

I place them in Ultra Pro 70mm x 120mm board game sleeves and then in 4x6 toploaders.

Semi rigid holder (Card Saver 1 or Ultra Pro) as the “backing”, into a team bag.
Example:

5 Likes

I highly recommend using a tarot sleeve, they are perfect fit and will hold straight and prevent scratching the best.

2 Likes

Ultra Pro 70x120mm Tarot Sleeves

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/SkP8WAa.png

4 Likes

I store mine in Binders.
I collect one booster pack of each set and found a nice binder which can hold 2 full sets in before its about full (4 boosters per page)

I have bought many different binder pages trying to find the right ones but none have been perfect. In the end i went with any 4 Pocket binder page with dimensions bigger than the booster packs (although as close as possible would be nice) and then adding a bit of double sided sticky tape to the back of a Tarot card sleeve and sticking it inside the pockets. This way i can slide a booster into the sleeve in and out whenever i want to take a look or swap them around and it keeps the boosters from sliding around the loose pocket when turning pages or moving the binder. I think this method is pretty great as long as you dont turn it upside down and give it a shake they would probably fall out. If you were not too bothered about taking them out from time to time you could just sleeve the booster pack upside down so the open sleeve is facing the bottom of the pocket. For the boosters i want to display out in the open i just stick in a Tarot sleeve and have them on display in a cabinet :blush:

I made a little video here if you want to see what it looks like but i will apologise in advance im not that good at making videos :grin:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bygh0x7hoU

1 Like

I just bought this iPhone screen protector for £1… I don’t even have an iPhone :laughing:

1 Like

So the pressure of card savers isn’t going to damage the cards in any way over time? I’m a bit paranoid about it so I just stored them loose in a box surrounded by a bunch of cotton balls.

You’re not putting the pack inside the card saver. Only using it to support it, so no.

1 Like

Oh that’s how people do it? A few sellers i had bought from had the pack stuffed inside the card savers so i assumed that was the norm but i wasn’t comfortable doing it myself. I am really struggling to find card savers in the UK either way at the moment but that sounds like a good solution.

I use these: www.etsy.com/listing/619310958/pre-order-pokemon-booster-pack-display?ref=cart