Storage ideas?

I wanna get some new cupboards/shelves or whatever to store my cards and booster boxes in. I want something with different compartments with different sizes! What do you all use? :blush:

1 Like

What are you looking to store? Slabs, binders, etc?

1 Like

For display and/or security or only for storage?

1 Like

we have security so mainly just for storage…slabs, boxes, folders, just looking for ideas for storage :blush:

You could configure the cabinets and/or shelves you want at ikea.

2 Likes

Just be sure that whatever display you choose it should be so that it doesn’t allow dust to get in.

1 Like

I have 2 of these glass store display cases that have lights built into them:

Room Lights on

Room Lights off

I think the room lights off and display case light on looks awesome, but my electric bill disagrees haha.

I got my 2 off some dude from craigslist for 75 bucks a piece. They’re used of coarse though, but were in stellar shape! In my area ones like this floated around the 50-200 dollar price range. New ones are probably three to four times that price I’d guess.

16 Likes

Very nice collection! Well done.

1 Like

@mikejofthecoast,

Very cool Mike

1 Like

That is absolutely beautiful!! Very jealous

For bookshelves you can’t beat the ones from walmart. 6ft x 2ft and they come in 4 different colors. My walmart has them for $30. I just bought 4 for my room.

Link:
www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-71-5-Shelf-Bookcase-Espresso/389634048?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=aud-566049426705:pla-51320962143&wl5=9010433&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=389634048&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3JXtBRC8ARIsAEBHg4mxVR11_ljFenHujidDtywidWzNwWMyfWYYI0KhaeGkz63VerlzTucaAne1EALw_wcB

Thank yooouu! @nickofturl @garyis2000 and @grandgengar

1 Like

You could always use @garyis2000 storage idea

11 Likes

@mikejofthecoast I someday hope to have a sweet setup similar to this, it looks so nice! I was just wondering though, do you worry about the light inside the case causing damage to your products, or are you using some sort of specific kind of light inside? This is something I’ve really been wondering about for down the road.

1 Like

So this is where all his base 1st Ed boxes store at.

1 Like

It’s a standard florescent bulb that’s built into the case, I’m not sure how harmful the light emitted from those are. But anyway I hardly ever turn the light on, its probably only been on for less then 5 minutes in the 6 months I’ve had it. And the room its in doesn’t get much light either. I keep room darkening curtains and shut blinds on the two windows of that room, only opening them every once in a while. And the ceiling light in that room is only on a couple minutes each day as well. So mine in particular dont get much harmful light at all. But if they were in an area that were to get alot of window light or whatever, that probably would be an issue. One might consider tinting the glass or perhaps there is some sort of spray on or brush on chemical that makes glass uv resistant? Worse comes to worse an old bed sheet would work haha

2 Likes

this is sick

1 Like

This is what I do. I’ve got boxes for graded cards, semi rigids to be graded, top loaders, penny sleeved cards and booster packs. In the middle I have sorting boxes for all my different bulk cards by rarity. The bottom are my cards organized for selling and trading.

1 Like