Standard Envelope INR Cases

Has anyhow else been getting item not received being opened up against them with this standard envelope service? Overall it’s great but now buyers are even more impatient and see it’s not scanned in and assume it’s not on the way.

I’ve refunded more buyers in the last week than all of last year shipping PWE ironically enough. Has anyhow had any luck talking to eBay about this? Both buyers cases were opened up within a week and half of shipment.

Oh yea, a ton. Thankfully it’s all items under $20, so the hit isn’t as bad.

Biggest issue is that they are never scanned. I’ll drop it off at the post office, no updates at all until 2 weeks later saying it’s delivered. Thankfully, I have only lost out of a few sales to it because eBay decides with the buyer before the item gets delivered, but usually I upload the tracking to the opened case and once it’s delivered, the buyer closes it.

I bought a card the other day using this service and it was literally never scanned from beginning to end. Checked my mail and the card was in there and on my eBay account it still just showed “tracking number provided” as the latest step and was several days past the “expected delivery” date. I’d say maybe shooting the buyers a quick note once you drop it off that the post office has the card and you’ve heard they aren’t the best at scanning it at each stop due to it being so new of a service may go a long way.

The problem with that is you give the buyer ammunition to steal. Yes I do not trust many people and offering a chance to scam and steal imo is a bad idea. I don’t upload tracking unless an issue arises, then I upload it and the buyer backs off very quickly once it shows delivered. I have had plenty of people try pull a fast one and get partial refunds, full refunds etc when they clearly have the item. That is just my opinion and method after selling on ebay for a few years. Sometimes there are real issues or you can’t tell and have to refund(usually untracked items under a certain amount)

I can understand that.

I’ve only used this shipping method as a seller 3 times and communicated early with buyers and had no issues, but 3 is a very small sample so perhaps I got lucky. These cards were also only like $5 each so (though I don’t want to get scammed and give them away for free) I wasn’t incredibly worried. I understand your sentiment as it relates to selling cards as a business though, you do still have to retain some leverage.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback, I guess I should monitor them a bit better for the time being. I usually just ship them and forget about them, but sometimes the buyer just thinks you never shipped it if scanned never scanned in.

1 Like