Sparky's Articuno Journey

Hello all, I have recently dedicated myself to compiling an Articuno Master set in both PSA and a binder for both English and Japanese. I will archive it here and Hopefully complete it one day with the Snap and TMB phone versions being the grails. Hopefully y’all will join me on this journey and maybe even help me out along the way if I am so lucky!

Here is also the link for the sheets. As of right now it is at zero but I am excited to fill it up!

----> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1woFlU-B5YijTdJ4MxVCBDesDXL033PwqjnL6mJ-CloA/edit?usp=sharing

9 Likes

Best of luck with your new Articuno goal! With cards like the TMB and SNAP, certainly not an easy goal. :face_with_spiral_eyes:
Not sure if you’re limiting yourself to just one edition for the Japanese cards and skipped Reverse Holos in English, but just in case, here a bunch that are missing in your checklist that I’ve noticed (in case you’re unaware of them):

English:

1. Fossil unlimited non-Holo ©1999-2000
  2. Fossil unlimited Holo - Cosmos Holofoil test print
  3. WotC #22 promo with error illustrator
  4. Skyridge 4/144 is released as both non-Holo and Reverse Holo
  5. Majestic Dawn 1/100 is released as both Holofoil and Reverse Holo
  6. Supreme Victors 16/147 is released as both non-Holo and Reverse Holo
  7. Next Destinies 27/99 is released as (regular Tinsel) Holofoil, Reverse Holo, and Cosmos Holofoil
  8. Legendary Treasures 32/113 is released as both Holofoil and Reverse Holo
  9. Roaring Skies 16/108 and 17/108 are released in both non-Holo and Reverse Holo, and the 16/108 also has an additional Cracked Ice Holofoil version
  10. World Championship Deck 2015 - HonorStoise 17/108 non-holo
  11. Team Up 32/181 is released as both Holofoil and Reverse Holo
  12. Plasma Storm 25/135 is released as regular Holofoil and Sheen Holofoil
  13. Evolving Skies 063/203 is released as both Holofoil and Reverse Holo

Japanese:

1. Pokémon Web 045/048 is released in both 1st and unlimited edition
  2. Beat of the Frontier 099/100 is released in both 1st and unlimited edition
  3. Quick Starter Gift Set - Red Deck (same artwork as the Vending Series, but as non-Glossy Holofoil instead of Glossy non-Holo)
  4. Mysterious Mountains 030/088 and 031/088 are released in both 1st and unlimited edition
  5. Dawn Dash is released in both 1st and unlimited edition
  6. Psycho Drive 014/052 is released in both 1st and unlimited edition
  7. EX Battle Boost 024/093 is released as both non-Holo and Reverse Holo, and both 1st and unlimited edition (so four versions)
  8. Emerald Break 015/078 and 016/078 are released in both 1st and unlimited edition
  9. The Best of XY 017/171 is released as both non-Holo and Reverse Holo (only in unlimited edition)
  10. Flight of Legends 036/082 is released as both 1st and unlimited edition
  11. Silver Deck Kit 010/020 is released as both 1st and unlimited edition
  12. Plasma Gale 016/070 and 072/070 are released in both 1st and unlimited edition

Also, the P03 TMB on your English side in the checklist can be removed. The TMB Articuno was only released in Japanese, as two different phone card versions.
And two typos I noticed on the Japanese side: Tag All Stars 0102/173 instead of 102/173 and VMAX Climax 230/184 instead of 225/184.

Hope that helps. Looks like the amount of Articuno to collect almost doubled… :slightly_smiling_face: Quite a bit more than I was expecting tbh… Don’t shoot the messenger, just trying to help (I make single Pokémon lists pretty often, and have made more than hundred over the years). :wink:
If you have any questions about a card I listed above, lmk.

I’m looking forward to your collection looking like this one day. :blush: Best of luck!

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Quuador putting in the overtime work as always haha. I had no idea there were so many Articunos.

Reallly interested to see the collection. Do you have a condition requirement for your binder, or is it just whatever? What about PSA? Any grade? Or just as long as it’s graddd.

2 Likes

that was a big hope of mine when creating this thread… the missing cards. I initially started the list with bulbapedia but u know with them how limited the knowledge can be. I greatly appreciate what you did here

1 Like

Finals was crazy and I just got engaged so collecting has taken a back seat but I finally got into the mail (and a new binder) to start the collection. I thought it would be fun to put the cards in the binder in the order that I get them, so far its only a page but that’s 1 page more than a month ago! Got a little here a little there but overall I’m having a blast

8 Likes

Dude! I already love your collection! Articuno is awesome.

1 Like