Sorcery: Contested Realm

The link in the original post shows the breakdown, 29k alpha boxes and unique foils at 0.12% chance per box for each individual foil

On YouTube Wizards Den does a lot of deep dive calculations. I’ll search the table in referring to later when I’m on a computer.
There is a 50% chance to pull a Unique foil from a box. There are 29.000 alpha boxes and 60-70 unique. So it is almost impossible to finish a foil set!
Edit:
These are the numbers I meant, they come from one of Haine’s videos (Wizards Den)

3 Likes

After reading more and watching some videos ended up buying one unique foil of art I really like. I think it will look really good in the collection regardless of what price ends up being. Under 250 total population is really awesome to me

Awesome! What card did you get? Share a picture maybe :)?

Jaw-dropping

2 Likes

Just received my pledge today! Took waaaay too long but I’m happy :).

4 Likes

Pulled a foil Core (somewhat like a Mox from Magic)!

4 Likes

Haha, what are the odds, was just thinking about how cool it would be to buy a box and pull this exact card. Massive hit, congratz!

1 Like

King of the realm! Will def post a photo when I receive it in hand

That is a great card. Tony also seems like a very relaxed guy.
He painted that card after his own liking from a picture that he made of himself :)!

Thanks, I was so happy when I pulled it. So much luck on my side.
Even got a non-foil version in the same box!

1 Like

This game looks really cool! Digging the artwork a lot. What I’m most interested in is the gameplay since it’s a mixture of board game elements and TCGs. Kind of reminds me of old school VS System thrown on top of some MTG stuff. The site grid and moving minions around on them is very unique though. Who knows if it’ll stick around, but even if it lasts a short while I’ll be a player as long as I can find local tournaments.

2 Likes

That’s awesome to know. I was unfamiliar with him before but just read and saw he worked on the original Harry Potter tcg as well back when he was with wotc. Very cool!

1 Like

Here is some extra info on the card that you might enjoy:

2 Likes

Opened two alpha boxes today and pulled a unique foil, very happy. The card quality is so nice, the foils are absolutely stunning and the little touch of texture is perfect. Now I just need to play the game.

4 Likes

Got mine slabbed. Looks great. Looking to get an artist proof or two if feasible next. Amazing art!

1 Like

So can anyone speak to the playability of the game? Is it like MTG? Are people actually playing Sorcery at LGSs? Is it turning into a speculative/collector TCG?

I haven’t heard much since the initial hype of Alpha.

They just had a tournament at GenCon:

Have not played it myself but it seems really fun to play. Beta will release in October so I expect more play after that.

1 Like

Good to see organized play. That’s really the bedrock of new TCGs.

1 Like