Snippets from The C0LL3CT0R

When are we going to see these beauties in a slab??

2 Likes

A few months maybe, or more, the plan is to get the whole shebang graded. Still trying to work out the economics of it and decide on what is going first. As of right now, I can either grade a medium portion of the high high-end stuff, or a bigger portion of the “normal” high-end.

Aside from that, I’ve spent time trying to figure out how to insure it. DHL seems to be the best (only) option for sending multiple cards going direct, they insure up to around $444000. Problem is, in the case of collectibles, the individual shipment has to be assessed by a risk assessment team. It’s either that or going thru something like Ludkins UK, but their insurance cap is laughable given the volume we’re talking.

1 Like

I guess I should also add that the only reason for me grading anything is to preserve value (parts of my collection will probably be sold at some point). I’ve always been a raw collector at heart. Still, I don’t have anything against slabs, so I’m more than happy to do it.

I’m also considering flying out personally with some of the cards to Beckett and/or PSA, but that’ll have to wait until the second wave of Covid blows over.

2 Likes

My favorite Hypno card:

6 Likes

6 Likes

there are some of the nicer ex cards, love how silver/grey card compliments the holo border

2 Likes

All awesome cards! Goodluck on your submission!

2 Likes

8 Likes

OC regular unlimited/4th print with bonus dust particles I should have brushed off the cardsaver as per usual. Very subtle difference in color.

5 Likes

@c0ll3ct0r, of all the 1st edition Gym Heroes/Challenge cards to have, I think Giovanni’s Persian displays the most inventive holographic artwork! Regardless of their comparative values, that’s an astounding card. What grade do you think it is?

3 Likes

I agree, a very beautiful card, and a perfect example of how a proper Sugimori is to be done. Another great example that springs to mind is Meganium 11 from Genesis. Fantastic use of the Sugimori illustration with a perfectly matched background.

I think it has a decent shot at a 10. Back is clean, front is impressively clean, right-to-left front centering is a tiny bit off, but within the tolerance I do believe.

4 Likes

@c0ll3ct0r, Meganium! Great example! Well best of luck! I really look forward to seeing your collection progress!

2 Likes

13 Likes

Nice cards!

2 Likes

Agree! Beautiful Houndoom!

2 Likes

Some favorites from the spectacular Unown subset from Unseen Forces.

8 Likes

12 Likes

10 Likes

Some more unlimited and 1999-2000 comparisons, some noticeable differences:

7 Likes

8 Likes