Snide’s Collection

Going to start sharing my collection here. I’m mostly into things of nostalgic value, not necessarily monetary value. I did have a brief spell of getting lured in to some high ticket stuff such as unikarp etc, but I moved it on. Hope they’re with people who love them!

Here I’ll post the stuff I love. The stuff I kept for myself and for my kids to inherit when they’re old enough.

7 Likes

First up, my Chinese base set. I completed 1st edition and unlimited in PSA 9 and 10, but when my twins were born (mum is Chinese), I immediately sold the 1st edition set, because I knew I wouldn’t have two sets of that. So I kept an unlimited English base set and a Chinese unlimited base set. Perfect.

I still have all the non holos to grade, as well as boxes and boxes of bulk. I’ll get round to it some day.

13 Likes

Again, for mex nostalgic, personal value > monetary value strangers place on them. I’ve had some silly expensive stuff through the collection, but only hold onto the stuff I love. Here’s the GB promo that came with the TCG game for the gameboy color. This is the actual one I got as a kid, and kept it all these years. There’s a spare on tucked in behind it too. Classic.

5 Likes

Wow that’s a great sacrifice you made, I’m sure one day you’ll get the collection back!

3 Likes

Ha, thank you but once I let something go, that’s it, no looking back. Makes life less stressful. I only keep what I really want. Then I’m stricter with what I pick up in the future.

6 Likes

I’m pretty much just into the WOTC era, but as we all know, The Pokemon Company is wise to its demographic. The base set kids are in their 30s now with disposable incomes. I bought all three boxes (such a sly way of selling you a card, I honestly can’t stand the modern way of selling stuff in these big boxes when they know damn well we just want the single card!)

8 Likes

Additionally, being the basic Charizard fan that I am, I also had to pick up some of the modern stuff. Not a fan of the modern holos. What happened to the stars and swirls? Come on now.

2 Likes

And this one I grabbed when they came out. I saw there’s a rainbow holo version of this but tbh i think it looks terrible. I also cannot be arsed to find out what the modern system is. SSR SSSSR etc; not interested! If it looks cool, I’ll have it.

2 Likes

The OG

6 Likes

I remember selling a full mint holo set of Chinese base 10 years for a few hundred dollars thinking that was a big move. :expressionless:

5 Likes

Couple of random finds in an old box of cards I deemed worthy of putting in card holders at some point:

CD Promo Meowth. Think he came with a music magazine and CD. No idea why I have this, but there he is.

A favourite oddity of mine, an old and fairly beat-up Trade Please! Promo with the holo back.

5 Likes

Grabbed the simplified to go with his tradish bro

2 Likes

Simplified for your viewing pleasure

2 Likes

Very cool to see them side by side! And I see a lot of other amazing Chinese Charizard in the back. :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity: where did you buy your Simplified Chinese cards? There are five Simplified Chinese cards from the sets/deck I want for my collection goals, although I might just buy one of the booster boxes for fun as well perhaps. I haven’t seen any for sale yet on some of the platforms I’ve looked, though.

Greetz,
Quuador

闲鱼 - it’s a second-hand buying and selling app here in China, operated by taobao.

You can buy from it as an overseas buyer by using an agent such as superbuy or sugargoo. Search for “简中 ptcg” and you’ll get your listings. You sometimes have to chat to the sellers to negotiate the price (or use the ‘expert service’ of superbuy in your case) if it’s a listing containing multiples, but if it’s just one card it should be straightforward.

Here’s a link for you:

2 Likes