Silentoaths Starter Base Set Collection

Hello. I am brand new to being a Graded card collector. I have always been into Pokemon ever since I was a child. Its been a long time since I have collected Pokemon cards and the hobby brought me back after seeing how popular it is even for my Age through social media. Its a fun hobby and I plan to start collecting the new Gen Cards very soon. For now here is what I have got so far to start back into the hobby and what better way than to start with the set that started it all.

13 Likes

Can never go wrong with these cards. Amazing

1 Like

Yeah there are some slight differences in color. Not just that but the HP thickness and the copyright year. Shadowless is exactly the same as first edition just without the stamp. If you think about it shadowless actually came first before 1st edition. Since WOTC had to place the stamp on shadowless cards to make it first edition prints. Fun Fact :grin:

1 Like

You’re indeed right! Different copyright year, different HP thickness, Shadowless instead of Shadowed of course, and a lighter overall color are the most notable differences regarding Shadowless vs Shadowed. I noticed the same when I look at my Base Pikachus, and I also mention it in my Base Pikachu artwork variations article (also useful for Base Set variations in general).

And welcome to the forum, @silentoaths! The three first gen starter final evolutions always look great, no matter how many times I’ve seen them! Great artworks, great cards in general, great collector pieces; not to forget that it all started with these artworks in 1996 (Japanese No Rarity release).

Good luck with your graded collection! :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

lovely cards man :blush:

Thank you :grin: