signed things? tiger woods

hello my brother has a signed tiger woods photo thats been varied by a company hear in the uk but have some questions

one the company has gone out of business so does that mean we should get it varied by anther company psa or beckett for example or would there be a better company to go for

how much would that cost to be revaried

and lastly how much would the picture be valued at?

Tiger Woods is one of the most forged signatures. Here is an article from PSA/DNA about the most dangerous autographs. Tiger was no. 7 on the sports list.

The base rate for Tiger Woods is $100 at PSA/DNA. I wouldn’t expect a value until it is authenticated by them.

1 Like

ok cheers so $100 to make sure its 100% right??

That is the base rate for tiger woods. Each player has a base rate on top of the grading level. The more infamous or popular the player, the higher the rate. You also have to select the grading service, etc. It isn’t going to be cheap for Tiger, so I would make sure you know 100% that this is the real deal, otherwise you are tossing $150-200.

Yes, Tiger is an oft forged so authentication is important.

Quick story. I own a great pic of Tiger, Palmer, Nicklaus, and Duval. I had it psa/dna’d and it turned out all were legit except Duval lol. I think Duval was the player of the year that year. That really sucked and hurt the value.
It was recommended to me to simply authenticate one of the names with the other three being ignored. The (former) PSA employee said the others would be “Presumed” authentic then. That being dishonest I passed,
So, the next year at Jacks tournament in Columbus, Ohio I waited til Duval came of the driving range and asked him to sign the pic for me cause the one on there was fake. So he X’d it out and resigned it.
Pretty awesome:)

8 Likes

Who would add a fake Duval signature next to real examples of the others listed? Doesn’t make sense as adding a single fake has so much risk with very little reward when you are just adding a new least famous name to the list. I mean if you try putting Nicklaus on with the other three real then you are at least adding even more name recognition and fame, but I just wouldn’t understand Duval being added to Tiger Nicklaus and Palmer, arguably 3 of the top 5 golfing names in history and certainly with name recognition for most everyday casual fans or even non fans.

I have never liked the buying/selling of signed items. I think if you get an item signed it is great for you. Great story, great memories etc. but adding value because someone slapped their John Hancock on it seems a little silly to me. I understand it certainly in some sense, but in another it is just strange how people go bananas over them. Such a shady side of the hobby if you ask me. I mean of what is out there for sigs, certain players it is said about 90%+ of all sigs out there are fake. Any person these days can bring up 100 real certified examples to compare study and copy and they do it every day.

Collectors (and authenticators) are lucky I never became famous. My signature varies SOOOO much every time I sign it. Even if i try and sign the same one over and over it is just awful and doesn’t match at all. Authenticators would have no shot at getting any kind of recognition of stability across my signatures. I have heard several cases of friends and acquaintances seeing similar things where they in person obtained a signature, compared it themselves to certified examples only to see that they received an inconsistent oddball (but genuine) sig. Upon submission, many real signatures are declined as being fake.

1 Like

Yeah, my signature varies a ton too:)
I guess they added the Duval so all 4 players pictured would have a signature instead of just 3 in the group photo?

@garyis2000, I guess, but still whoever thought that would help the overall value was a really dummy on top of being a scammer. Unless maybe it was just a shaky signature day for Duval haha.

thanks guys is i get it done by PSA

how much would the photo be valued at?

Probably less than the cost of grading it sounds like. Highly dependent on the size and quality and content of the photo. Framing etc. Is it personalized, or just signed? Could sit a LOONGGG time also.

alright thank you so need to get a picture of the picture haha thanks so much

My signature also varies a lot. But if you sign stuff all the time it will defintely improve. It’s like with everything, practice makes perfect. The signatures of people that sign all the time will become more and more consistent over time.

Greetz,
Quuador

I have to sign stuff at least 4/5 things a day minimum and mine changes so much its crazy, if I was an artist at least you could say all of mine were sort of unique being as I don’t have the consistency I should considering its my signature haha.