Show Off Your Error Cards Megathread!

Lol solid advice.

1 Like

Oh cool an actual error then that’s good to know, thanks for the information :muscle:

1 Like

This is neat.

1 Like

12 Likes

2 Likes

Congrats on the 8! So many of these have rough corners that any above the 7.5 is a blessing :joy:

1 Like

A friend brought over a tin with their beat-up old cards, and among them I found a wonderful relic;

It’s a counterfeit Call of Legends Phanpy with a curious detail; the twice misspelled ‘Phanphy’ in its ability text. One might look at the shoddy overall quality of the fake card and dismiss these spelling mistakes as the result of a careless counterfeit production process, but it actually replicates a real error found on early printings of the original authentic card! Rather than being the result of sloppy work on the part of the counterfeiter, it is a faithful recreation of the original printing.

10 Likes

@fieldy618 Is Scizor a double holo? Love the Magikarp holo bleed. I need a 1st ed, I have a CGC 9 Bleed and it’s amazing in person.

CGC has marked it as an insufficient ink error. The slashes are holo rather than white and there’s more bleed in the holo overall.

Error Pikachu :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not mine - listed on eBay. How do you mess this up? Haha I’m tempted to buy it just to own the label and pretend I have a TD Machamp 10. PSA should correct this - kind of a big card to mess up:

fundamentals. buy the label, not the card. :laughing:

3 Likes

@fieldy618 oh, ok. I’m trying to get better at identifying the insufficient ink cards on eBay. That is a little tough.

Here’s my Holo bleed Shining Magikarp.

6 Likes

Holo bleed aka double holo Porygon2

4 Likes

Base Set 1st Edition German Chansey (Chaneira)
Additional Ink Error

9 Likes

Texture Shifts

20 Likes

What distinguishes this as having additional ink? A more matte Holo pattern?

1 Like

Double print error Charmander!

8 Likes

Yes, the difference is far more dramatic when you see a “normal” copy side by side.

3 Likes

@Dyl random question about ink… Do insufficient ink cards typically show more Holo and Holo bleed?