Should i send in for grading?

Hey guys I’ve got a 1st edition dark raichu that I’m thinking of sending in to get graded but when I looked it over just a bit ago I noticed a small indent in the card and now it’s got me second guessing sending it. Since I have very minimal experience with grading I’m wondering if this imperfection is going to tank the grade or not because if you guys believe it’s going to I’m not going to send it hopefully you guys will be able to see it clear enough to make a good guess

The indent will likely drop it to a 6 imo.

1 Like

Will be a 6 at best (They could miss it, but doubt it) not worth it unless you just wanted it slabbed.

Grade it and test PSA, my bet is they miss it.

If it’s missed you’ll still always know it so I’d pass.

I wouldn’t, the indent is an instant 6.

Damn it, I was hoping not to get these replies :slightly_frowning_face: thanks guys I really appreciate it!

Tiny indents are insta 6s? That’s unfortunate. I have cards with these and assumed they were easy 9s since the indents are barely noticeable.

See that’s what I thought too, but at the same time I know how tough grading is general is and figured I’d check with the forum first !

So ok say I send this card in but on the order form out a minimum grade of let’s say 8 if the card does in fact get a 6 and they don’t slab it do you still get charged the full amount as if it went through the whole process?

PSA is tough on indents for sure. Safe rule of thumb for an indent is to assume it will grade like a crease equal in size.

Yes, you technically pay for the service. Otherwise everyone would submit with a min grade 10 and never pay unless they get 10s!

You pay the full amount yet, no discounts for not reaching the minimum grade. I feel there should be a slight discount since they don’t have to slab the card and the price to do that is in the grading fee.

1 Like

Yea I agree with that atleast deduct the price of the slab even if it a buck or something like that