Sealed Mew Insert Variants

I’ve been searching for one of these for my collection for years and I was fortunate to find a lot of three a few days ago. This is the Denmark variant of Ancient Mew. It was given out in the cinemas in Denmark and has an insert with a quiz and an advertisement from Midcard.com and the Danish book store ‘Bog & Ide’.

How many other different variants of sealed inserts are there of the Ancient Mew?

7 Likes

Oh, very cool! Never seen that Denmark insert before. Thanks for sharing. :grin: What does the other side of that insert look like?

Ignoring the Japanese/Korean Ancient Mew versions (FYI, there are six different Ancient Mew, but the three sealed copies you’ve posted will only contain the most common US version), these are some other sealed Ancient Mew variations of the US Ancient Mew I’m aware of:

That middle version in your picture has three different versions in English: two from the US (one with black+yellow name and one with brown+yellow name, and the second also has a Pokémon League logo) and one from the UK. The third one in the picture below is a French copy.

And the Ancient Mew from Australia can come with the Game Boy Color insert:

And as that first picture I linked had already spoiled, there are also foreign insert cards. Apart from the French one above, there is also a German version:

And Italian:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Hello=) Fantastic Compilation of different Packvariants!

• Is the first card Danish and the third card swedish? Used Google Translate for the keywords that are readable, not sure
  • When you say can come with a Gameboy Colour Insert: Is there a australian variant too that have the same InsertCardStyle like
    the other Languages without the gameboy Insert?
  • i never saw the korean version, is it sealed like the US Version?
  • Are All Posted or mentioned versions( korean+ 3 japanese included)(+ 2019/2020 version) = All Variants that exist?
1 Like

I’m not sure, but I think they also released the regular version in Australia. Whether that was the US or UK insert I dunno. Maybe I’m mistaken though, but considering the Australian variant with Game Boy Color insert is pretty rare for the Ancient Mew and Legendary Birds (it took me more than three years before I was able to find the sealed Moltres with Game Boy Color insert for my Moltres collection for example), I would assume another more commonly to find variant was released in Australia as well.

Yes. The Korean version was released recently in September 2020. I actually just opened two sealed version to send to PSA, hoping for some 10s to complete my sextet of PSA-10 Ancient Mew versions. :blush: Here pictures of that sealed Korean version.

Yes, those six Ancient Mew versions currently exist. Four of them are discussed in this excellent, but outdated, Efour article. And the Japanese ©2019 and Korean ©2020 versions were released when the CGI remake of the first movie was launched in cinemas in Japan and South Korea in July 2019 and September 2020 respectively.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Awesome, i really like your InDepth- Answer =)

I hope you get 2x Psa 10^^

1 Like

Thank you. :grin: I hope so too, although I’m already happy with one of the two. But I guess we’ll know the answer around Christmas 2021 with how slow PSA currently is, haha. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Sealed:
North American/West Europe
UK
French
German
Italian
French
Australian
Swedish
Norwegian
Danish

Loose:
Japanese version 1, faulty
Japanese version 1, corrected
Japanese version 2, holo
Japanese version 3, copyright 2019
International
Korean, copyright 2020

2 Likes

Are there two different French versions, or was this a mistake? Cool to hear about Swedish and Norwegian version, though. :blush:

Do you have all these versions in your collection? (How’s the Mew collection going in general, actually?)

Greetz,
Quuador

My bad,doubled on the French line…

I got the the Swedish version and got pics of the Norwegian (also know someone who got a few of them, but wont sell). Just got outbid on a Danish couple last week unfortunatly:(

The Mew collection is growing steady, I’ve been chasing the Portuguese cards for the last months, got around 20 of them coming my way the coming week.

1 Like

I have a friend that found a few Norwegian Acient mews, I can ask if he has one more he can sell. I helped another friend get the last he needed that way as well. I never knew it was a Norwegian version until I got asked about it. The Norwegian version have a insert of with the logo of Narvesen / shell on the inside

1 Like